Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The guy seated next to me was giving me minute by minute count down from Tom's goal.
    Yeah, I told the kid in front of us to tell us when there was 90 seconds to go. when he turned around and said that there was 90 seconds left I knew we had it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The guy seated next to me was giving me minute by minute count down from Tom's goal.
    I was getting that at the Prelim. Its the only time I ever wanted to know how long was left ever.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I put up a Grand Final catch up thread in June. I must dig that out it's in here somewhere...Didn't get many responses at the time.

Sounds good to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I was getting that at the Prelim. Its the only time I ever wanted to know how long was left ever.
    My mate who couldn't make it the prelim was texting me the time left. At the prelim, my legs were so tense they hurt for days after.

At The GF, my heart started racing for the last 15 minutes - it was a totally different feeling.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My mate who couldn't make it the prelim was texting me the time left. At the prelim, my legs were so tense they hurt for days after.

At The GF, my heart started racing for the last 15 minutes - it was a totally different feeling.

Sitting and squirming and constantly stopping yourself from getting up and tensing your legs plays havoc on your legs at the footy. That's why I prefer to stand keep the blood circulating around. I can pace. I can jump for joy, I can stamp my feet in annoyance and no one clucks me. Actually they might cluck me but I'm usually miles away by then. I can even walk over and have a quiet word with a mate standing metres away without pushing past a bunch of people.