Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    I'm sorry I'm having one of those moments again after watching that video. It's preseason. We're a month away from the 2017 season kick in off and WE'RE the reigning PREMIERS! I still can't comprehend what happened that first day in October 2016. Holy hell we actually did it. Finally. After all those years of hope and dreams, continually crushed. We have finally done it. Unbelievable.

    Sorry I had to release that emotion yet again ��

  2. Likes Sedat, Twodogs, Topdog, 1eyedog liked this post
  3. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was sitting behind the goals on the 2nd level, at the end that ball went through. When the ball bounced high the whole stand were on their feet and as Commetti said " The Stadium takes a deep breath", and we did. From our angle we couldn't tell whether the ball was over the line, but when that ball landed well over, it was a great moment, it was like the Bonti moment in the Prelim. I knew there and then, we had the GF in the bag.
    Yep - from my view behind those goals, the ball was always going through once it got close to landing...it was the bounce in the air that delayed the celebration momentarily.

    God, just thinking about those 5 minutes. I hadn't accepted we were home until I saw Bevo on the boundary line....

    Anyway - reckon Tom could be absolutely monstrous as the 2nd ruck this season. The way he played up the ground in his last start should put that argument we tossed around a fair bit on this site last year to bed.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

  4. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Yep - from my view behind those goals, the ball was always going through once it got close to landing...it was the bounce in the air that delayed the celebration momentarily.

    God, just thinking about those 5 minutes. I hadn't accepted we were home until I saw Bevo on the boundary line....

    Anyway - reckon Tom could be absolutely monstrous as the 2nd ruck this season. The way he played up the ground in his last start should put that argument we tossed around a fair bit on this site last year to bed.
    I didn't see Bevo on the boundary until later. The first time I really said "Holy hell!" was when Stringer quite obviously started icing the clock by kicking sideways to Hunter who just stood and smiled and then kicked it back to him. Most of the Sydney players stopped running to contests, some visibly slumped-it must really, really hurt to lose a GF, I wouldn't know personally-and my mate slapped me on the back and said "mate, can you believe we are icing the clock in a GRAND *!*!*!*!ING FINAL?" Then there was dancing and high fives and hugging strangers. And then Bevo gave Bob his medal and made us all cry.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  5. Likes Topdog liked this post
  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I didn't see Bevo on the boundary until later. The first time I really said "Holy hell!" was when Stringer quite obviously started icing the clock by kicking sideways to Hunter who just stood and smiled and then kicked it back to him. Most of the Sydney players stopped running to contests, some visibly slumped-it must really, really hurt to lose a GF, I wouldn't know personally-and my mate slapped me on the back and said "mate, can you believe we are icing the clock in a GRAND *!*!*!*!ING FINAL?" Then there was dancing and high fives and hugging strangers. And then Bevo gave Bob his medal and made us all cry.
    i was never aware of bevo and the celebrations on the sidelines. I'm not really sure at what moment i realised it was ours. I think i quietly knew after Pickens last goal but really it wasn't until the final siren that i had 100% confirmation

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    i was never aware of bevo and the celebrations on the sidelines. I'm not really sure at what moment i realised it was ours. I think i quietly knew after Pickens last goal but really it wasn't until the final siren that i had 100% confirmation

    A kid in the row in front of us was getting texts with how much actual playing time was left and I asked him a couple of times. Actually I yelled "how long to go" at him a couple of times but things were getting fairly primal at that stage so I excuse myself. He told me how long there was to go anyway.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  8. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
  9. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yarraville
    Posts
    10,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Ok here you go... It was one of those ones slightly off the instep and I can't believe a kick actually traveled 60 that wasn't struck perfectly. It swings back in from the middle of the points and lands in line with the goals. Knowing those inswingers though they can go anywhere after they bounce.


    His next kick at goal at goal did the same thing. It started dead centre and swung late to miss. If that had've gone through there's no way they couldn't have given him the Norm Smith.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    i was never aware of bevo and the celebrations on the sidelines. I'm not really sure at what moment i realised it was ours. I think i quietly knew after Pickens last goal but really it wasn't until the final siren that i had 100% confirmation
    It was strange - but once we'd gotten to 9 points in front (just before the Boyd goal) I felt very confident that 'it was happening'. The Boyd goal sealed it for me, and the Picken goal was the celebration. We just seemed to have all the momentum - and for all of Sydney's questioning of the umpiring recently - the reality was, we broke them with 7 minutes to go - they could only go with us for 113 of the 120 minutes...and if the game went 5 minutes longer - they probably get beaten by 40-50.

    They ran out of steam against us in the last few minutes during the season as well - where- apart from a rushed behind, they didn't kick a score in the last 7 minutes.

  11. Likes Topdog liked this post
  12. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    His next kick at goal at goal did the same thing. It started dead centre and swung late to miss. If that had've gone through there's no way they couldn't have given him the Norm Smith.
    Loudest point I've ever seen/heard live
    Last edited by The Pie Man; 17-02-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: well, I did *hear* it
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

  13. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    A kid in the row in front of us was getting texts with how much actual playing time was left and I asked him a couple of times. Actually I yelled "how long to go" at him a couple of times but things were getting fairly primal at that stage so I excuse myself. He told me how long there was to go anyway.
    I was checking the AFL twitter feed roughly about this stage - I could only find out how long was left from the Ch 7 time clock on the short clip of Boyd's goal they posted straight after it happened (5:10 left for memory)

    People around started asking - 'well there were 5 minutes to go when Boyd kicked that goal, that's all I've got'
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

  14. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    40,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It was strange - but once we'd gotten to 9 points in front (just before the Boyd goal) I felt very confident that 'it was happening'. The Boyd goal sealed it for me, and the Picken goal was the celebration. We just seemed to have all the momentum - and for all of Sydney's questioning of the umpiring recently - the reality was, we broke them with 7 minutes to go - they could only go with us for 113 of the 120 minutes...and if the game went 5 minutes longer - they probably get beaten by 40-50.

    They ran out of steam against us in the last few minutes during the season as well - where- apart from a rushed behind, they didn't kick a score in the last 7 minutes.
    We smashed them in the second half with contested poss. and overall had more than 20 diff+.

    My mate was sitting next to Crossy, and 3/4 time he said we have this in the bag. .
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  15. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I didn't see Bevo on the boundary until later. The first time I really said "Holy hell!" was when Stringer quite obviously started icing the clock by kicking sideways to Hunter who just stood and smiled and then kicked it back to him. Most of the Sydney players stopped running to contests, some visibly slumped-it must really, really hurt to lose a GF, I wouldn't know personally-and my mate slapped me on the back and said "mate, can you believe we are icing the clock in a GRAND *!*!*!*!ING FINAL?" Then there was dancing and high fives and hugging strangers. And then Bevo gave Bob his medal and made us all cry.
    You know at first I was a little spewing Bevo didn't get in on the holding the cup with Easton photo op - but the significance of what he just did quickly turned that around.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

  16. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    1,737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    When Tommy Boyd kicked "THAT" goal i started to believe that it was our time in the sun.
    Then not long after the re-start,MacGlynn from Sydney had the chance to cancel out Boyd's goal.
    I said to the people next to me,"MacGlynn misses this then the Cup is ours"
    When his shot missed to the left i knew we weren't going to lose.
    ''Dogs are Talking''- The Angels

  17. Likes bornadog liked this post
  18. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I was checking the AFL twitter feed roughly about this stage - I could only find out how long was left from the Ch 7 time clock on the short clip of Boyd's goal they posted straight after it happened (5:10 left for memory)

    People around started asking - 'well there were 5 minutes to go when Boyd kicked that goal, that's all I've got'

    I don't know why it has to be such a mystery tgat they don't have a countdown clock on the match feed at the ground. Everyone else in the world knows how long there is to go except the supporters in the ground unless someone listening to the radio is sitting near them.

    That's what I like about the spot we stand at at Etihad. If you step back a couple of steps there are two TV screens showing the actual TV feed with the time countdown showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    You know at first I was a little spewing Bevo didn't get in on the holding the cup with Easton photo op - but the significance of what he just did quickly turned that around.
    He didn't have a medal.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  19. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    40,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't know why it has to be such a mystery tgat they don't have a countdown clock on the match feed at the ground. Everyone else in the world knows how long there is to go except the supporters in the ground unless someone listening to the radio is sitting near them.

    That's what I like about the spot we stand at at Etihad. If you step back a couple of steps there are two TV screens showing the actual TV feed with the time countdown showing.


    He didn't have a medal.
    The guy seated next to me was giving me minute by minute count down from Tom's goal.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  20. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    9,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fit Bulldog Tom Boyd ready to build on Grand Final heroics

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    i was never aware of bevo and the celebrations on the sidelines. I'm not really sure at what moment i realised it was ours. I think i quietly knew after Pickens last goal but really it wasn't until the final siren that i had 100% confirmation
    I put up a Grand Final catch up thread in June. I must dig that out it's in here somewhere...Didn't get many responses at the time.
    Josh Schache >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jake Stringer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •