Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Punters get behind Western Bulldogs forward Travis Cloke for Coleman Medal

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Also on that do we still make money from pokies?
    Nope. I think we wrote off our pokies licence going from some convo on here about the annual report.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Also on that do we still make money from pokies?
    We still have 20 odd machines (best guess) at the Leeds Club in Footscray. Would have been more if Edgewater had gone ahead. Sneaky feeling there was something down on the Mornington Peninsula, but might be my imagination.

If pokies were banned from the AFL, we wouldn't be hit too hard, but clubs like Hawthorn, Collecting ngwood and Carlton certainly would!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    We still have 20 odd machines (best guess) at the Leeds Club in Footscray. Would have been more if Edgewater had gone ahead. Sneaky feeling there was something down on the Mornington Peninsula, but might be my imagination.

If pokies were banned from the AFL, we wouldn't be hit too hard, but clubs like Hawthorn, Collecting ngwood and Carlton certainly would!

the Leeds Club (American Billiards) wasn't damaged at all in the fire just before Christmas? I haven't been down to check but I'd be suprised if it escaped unharmed . It was very close to where they were cleaning up the other day.

To answer the original question they said on SEN yesterday that the only Voctorian club that doesn't make revenue out of pokies is North Melnourrne so I guess that we must be making some revenue from them. SEN couldn't get it wrong.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sneaky feeling there was something down on the Mornington Peninsula, but might be my imagination
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/cl...peninsula-club
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    the Leeds Club (American Billiards) wasn't damaged at all in the fire just before Christmas? I haven't been down to check but I'd be suprised if it escaped unharmed . It was very close to where they were cleaning up the other day.

To answer the original question they said on SEN yesterday that the only Voctorian club that doesn't make revenue out of pokies is North Melnourrne so I guess that we must be making some revenue from them. SEN couldn't get it wrong.
    Nah the fire was over the road and up the street slightly.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah the fire was over the road and up the street slightly.
    Cheers mate. I haven't been for a look, the smell was still pretty bad a couple of weeks ago. Kind of puts you off the idea.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

What a champion, great of him to speak out about it like that.

I'm actually an avid gambler but really detest the amount of advertising and as Easton says normalisation of gambling that we see with kids.

Really at the end of the days all bookies are A grade *!*!*!*!s who ensure that they will never lose money by limiting and outright banning anyone who wins regularly and encouraging persistent losers. It doesn't help that our Government have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when they discuss sports gambling and look to implement stupid rules that only help to ensure that no one will win on sports gambling in Australia.
    Are you referring to corporate bookies. Or ALL bookies ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Are you referring to corporate bookies. Or ALL bookies ?
    Sports bookies, so corporates. Track bookies have a lot more rules and regulations regarding minimum bets that they must take and not excluding people