Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caleb Daniel...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Caleb Daniel...

Could he be used in the middle ? His ground work is exceptional being so low to the ground and he can certainly dart the handball to outside players quickly and precise.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Could he be used in the middle ? His ground work is exceptional being so low to the ground and he can certainly dart the handball to outside players quickly and precise.
    And not to mention he has possibly one of the best on field football brains in AFL today.

Post Thanks / Like

If he doesn't make us better or fit our structure in defense then it's just up to the coaches to figure our how best to use his strengths to make us a better team. They've done well getting players to improve so that they can excel once they're in the team (Lipinski, Schache etc) and as someone who's proven he can play at AFL level I'm sure Caleb will rise to whatever challenge is thrown his way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    If we've suddenly come down with a case of sufficient hubris that we can't find a spot for CD there are 17 other teams that gladly will.

Elite thinker and user, and indisputably iron-clad best-22. If it's not off half back it'll be slotted in somewhere else and we'll be better for it.
    I don't think many if anyone is questioning if he is in our best 22 but the question around if playing off the half back is necessarily the right one is an interesting one to me
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we have some smart forwards in form, like Dale, CD is the perfect player to lower the eyes and hit the short moving targets in good position. I like him off a wing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Now that we have some smart forwards in form, like Dale, CD is the perfect player to lower the eyes and hit the short moving targets in good position. I like him off a wing.
    Me too. Closer to the goals is my preferred position. Hitting leading forwards, and snagging a few himself.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'd be incredibly dangerous at half forward. Reads the ball so well and could hit targets deep forward. Not sure he's a crumber but can see him as a wide ranging high forward play maker. Similar to a link role but slightly deeper toward goal.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    +1

Put him at the fall of the ball from our kick outs and have him as a link in our transition. He played that role beautifully in 2016. I put his kicking on par with Sucklings for <40 metres in creativity and efficiency