Josh Prudden (ACL, TBC):

Jack Redpath (ACL, TBC): About mid season

Jordan Roughead (hamstring): Round 4 or 5

Mitch Wallis (broken leg, TBC): Early in season

Rourke Smith (ACL) - at least a year

The Bont: (Ankle) - Hopefully ready for round one

Tory Dickson - unsighted
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is the official thread to discuss, report, injuries for 2017

What we know:

Tory Dickson - unsighted
    Last seen in Barkly St, Footscray, 3 October 2016. Any info to the club please on 1300 GO DOGS.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes bornadog, KT31, 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rourke Smith (ACL) - at least a year
    I think we treat ACL's as 9 month injuries. Should be rolling when they resume preseason after Christmas
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I think we treat ACL's as 9 month injuries. Should be rolling when they resume preseason after Christmas
    At least a year he won't be playing.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

At least a year he won't be playing.
    Yep such a big blow for him. He is just easing his way back and this happens. I thought he was alright last Thursday night and looked to be involved.

The good news is that his young and will be back before we know it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Roughead injury required surgery which is so rare it's believed to be an Australian first in elite sports.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Roughead injury required surgery which is so rare it's believed to be an Australian first in elite sports.
    That's our Roughie. If it's a rare, innocuous or otherwise virtually impossible injury, ways of getting hurt or surgery - our Roughie can do it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's our Roughie. If it's a rare, innocuous or otherwise virtually impossible injury, ways of getting hurt or surgery - our Roughie can do it.
    What round do we predict Rougie returning?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What round do we predict Rougie returning?
    Latest I have heard he won't play until at least round 6 and if all goes well back in the senior side around round 8. But who knows it's a unique injury!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He's just taken over the mantle from Big Will - who else in the world gets iodine poisoning?!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premiership Bulldog in doubt for round one

PREMIERSHIP Bulldog Tory Dickson could miss round one for a second successive year following off-season groin surgery.

The 29-year-old has just completed the final stages of rehabilitation for the injury that has seen him unavailable for all three of the reigning premier's JLT Community Series matches.

Dickson, who has returned to full training, will be considered for Footscray's VFL practice match against Richmond on Friday night.

The Whitten Oval hit-out is the only game Dickson will have to prove his fitness ahead of the Bulldogs' opening round blockbuster against Collingwood at the MCG on Friday March 24.

The sharpshooter's 2016 campaign didn’t begin until round five due to adductor and quad complaints.

Dickson has become an important cog in the Bulldog machine over the past two seasons, kicking 90 goals and providing intense forward pressure.

He could join ruckman Jordan Roughead as premiership players unavailable for the start of the club's flag defence.

Roughead is likely to be sidelined until round five with a hamstring injury sustained in the club's opening JLT hit-out with Melbourne.

With fellow ruckman Tom Campbell unlikely to be fit for the season opener after sustaining an ankle injury, it could see impressive draftee Tim English receive a baptism of fire against the Magpies.

The 19-year-old acquitted himself well in the loss to the Brisbane Lions last week, with coach Luke Beveridge admitting he may have no choice but to play the lightly built West Australian.

English will get another chance to impress in the Bulldogs' final JLT clash against Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium on Thursday night.

16. Thanks Eastdog, bulldogtragic, KT31, N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Tim English, a sensational opportunity for you so early in your career. Welcome to the big time, your time.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was great to hear Clay yesterday saying he's been regularly checking up on Roarke, and the other players have been in contact too. It might be easy to get side tracked with your own game and making sure you're pushing hard for round 1. But the spirit in which Bevo has pushed about what 'we can do for each other' is simply great.

21. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was great to hear Clay yesterday saying he's been regularly checking up on Roarke, and the other players have been in contact too. It might be easy to get side tracked with your own game and making sure you're pushing hard for round 1. But the spirit in which Bevo has pushed about what 'we can do for each other' is simply great.
    Yeah man he was driving out to Sunbury with a meal for him when he returned from GC. Great stuff.

23. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post