Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  66
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Looks like the club missed putting him on the list.
    For a few weeks now. It's a real shame he is injured as he was super impressive before his injury
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Yeah baby!! And JJ kicks the sealer with only a few secs to go. Geez I really want the boys to win this one. I reckon Bevo might play Dicko, Wally, Murphy & Morris and give Roughy one more week in VFL.
    They may not all come in but it is great to be getting some of our personnel back. We have been so unlucky in this area. I agree josie this would be a great scalp and if we can beat the Saints then we go into the bye in a good position and then ready to attack the 2nd half of the season.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong thread
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

So after last year where we would say players will miss 1-2 and they end up missing 6-8. This year we are the opposite, everyone coming back earlier than we've been told.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    So after last year where we would say players will miss 1-2 and they end up missing 6-8. This year we are the opposite, everyone coming back earlier than we've been told.
    Maybe this year they decided to give us the worse case scenario first.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this year they decided to give us the worse case scenario first.
    Certainly better for the supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Stewart Crameri will go in for surgery on hip Monday, could miss a month

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

And impact his conditioning. Not great news for him and our hope of a multi pronged threatening forward line.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure its not some double super secret tin foil hat gambling/drug probation surgery?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Are you sure its not some double super secret tin foil hat gambling/drug probation surgery?
    Who said anything about a surgeon. I heard the guy doing the 'surgery' will be a heavy set bloke in a trench coat and will be using a baseball bat, and in a Anerican-Italian accent will finish by saying 'you better pay up on time from now on, or next time it's your knees I'm coming for'.

My source is very reliable.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Player Injury Estimated Return
    Travis Cloke Broken ribs Test
    Josh Dunkley Shoulder 10-12 weeks
    Patrick Lipinski Collarbone 1-2 weeks
    Brad Lynch Hamstring 1-2 weeks
    Dale Morris Leg Test
    Josh Prudden Hamstring 3-4 weeks
    Roarke Smith Knee Season
    Jake Stringer Knee 1-2 weeks
    Fergus Greene...................................................... ... 2 Weeks
    Stewart Crameri........................................ Hip......... 4 weeks

Updated:
    Tuesday, May 16

Post Thanks / Like

That injury list is the best its looked for some time. Once Stringer comes back we only really have Dunks a out from our regular 22. I love it.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski and Greene aren't far off either which is great. Both started the year on fire.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully with the list improving it will give us some traction and help us get a top four spot coming into finals.
    Fingers crossed.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they don't play Stringer unless he is 100%.

Stringer a chance for Saints clash

Dynamic Western Bulldogs forward Jake Stringer is a possible inclusion for this weekend’s clash with St.Kilda at Etihad Stadium, according to the Club’s Head Physiotherapist Chris Bell.

The 23-year-old injured the medial ligament in his knee during the round seven clash with Richmond, but will resume training this week and could yet face the Saints on Saturday afternoon.

“Jake is progressing really well,” Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au

“He’s in line to resume training with the group this week and we’ll go through our normal processes to determine if he’s available to play.”

However, the Club is yet to determine how long Stewart Crameri will be missing from action with the powerful forward schedule to go under the knife on Monday.

“Over the last four to five weeks, Stewart has suffered symptoms associated with some wear and tear in his hip joint,” Bell said.

“I’m afraid to say conservative management has been limited and he’s continued to suffer symptoms that restrict his function.

“We’ll have a better idea of his return-to-play plan following [surgery].”

Matthew Boyd (shoulder) and Brad Lynch (hamstring) are both likely to return after the bye, while first year forward Patrick Lipinski will be out on the track this week.

“Patty is due to return to some full training this week following the surgery that repaired his fractured collarbone.

“We’ll go through our full process and decide whether he returns to play this week or the week following the bye.”

And in good news for the Club, Category B Rookie Tristan Tweedie played his first game for the Club on the weekend, lining up for Footscray in their narrow loss to Geelong.

“Tristan came to us with a really long history of injury at an under-18 level. It’s a massive credit to our staff and Tristan that we’ve been able to rebuild his body to the level that it is.

“We’re all really looking forward to Tristan building from his game on the weekend.”

18. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, KT31 liked this post