Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom boyd: I’ve learned so much in the past 24 months

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog, N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom boyd: I’ve learned so much in the past 24 months

I hope he remembers all of this when he needs to re-contract and clubs throw even more money at him. And Barrett if anyone is still employing him will talk about how he's worth more than the dogs are offering...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What's going on with his right arm? The bandage makes it look like they have grafted someone else's arm onto Tom Boyd's shoulder
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What's going on with his right arm? The bandage makes it look like they have grafted someone else's arm onto Tom Boyd's shoulder
    shoulder

Going by the colour of his arm it does look a bit tight, but as they say premierships aren't easy to win.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    shoulder

Going by the colour of his arm it does look a bit tight, but as they say premierships aren't easy to win.

But it looks like two different arms. Is the bandage cutting into his skin?

We may have created a Frankenstein.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd relishes rucking role

Tom Boyd may have been seen by the outside world solely as a key forward when he arrived on the AFL scene as the number pick in the 2013 AFL National Draft, but he is relishing the opportunity to have developed his ruck craft in the second of his two seasons at the Bulldogs under coach Luke Beveridge.

"Last year was a different set of challenges for me in terms of the role I played, I played a lot more ruck an I hadn't done that in the past two years," he told SEN on Wednesday morning.

“Particularly my back end of the year leading into the finals and obviously the finals, I think I really came into my own in that position and felt the most comfortable I had on an AFL field in that position. I'll be looking to build on that again."

Boyd said versatility is an important part of his game, and he is pleased that his output is being measured as much by his impact on the team as it is stats.

"I think my mindset of what my game consists of has changed over the past two years.

[I'm pleased with] my ability to contribute through the middle of the ground and not just in terms of kicks and marks and goals, but also as a competitive person in the ruck against some really talented guys, and try and get our midfield involved in some ball movement."

With Jordan Roughead and Tom Campbell set to miss the start of the premiership season, Boyd will have plenty of opportunities over the coming weeks to further hone those ruck skills as he divides his time between the forward line and the middle.

"At this stage I don't think my role will change particularly much. I played roughly just under 50% [of game time] in the ruck last year and I'll be looking to contribute a similar amount of time but obviously we'll see that changes week to week based on the circumstances.

"Obviously Roughy going down in that first JLT game changes your percentages and changes the dynamic of the team but week to week it should be about the same, roughly a 50-50 split."

Boyd was full of praise for the way coach Luke Beveridge has encouraged him as his football has grown and diversified.

"I think for me, perhaps when I haven't had the best game on the stats sheet, if I've been a really strong contributor in those areas [Beveridge] is often really supportive and I think that allows you to not stress too much about external pressures and just focus on what really matters."

The Bulldogs' final JLT Series Community match will be against Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium tomorrow evening.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    But it looks like two different arms. Is the bandage cutting into his skin?

We may have created a Frankenstein.
    Yes, it probably would be.

They strap it tight at senior level. Funny thing is, strap it as much or tight as you like the effects are limited to a surprisingly short period.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else imagined what the SEN comments section for that article would have looked like if it existed?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.