Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What a disgrace. How Wines gets a fine for that bump is totally ridiculous. I can't take this league seriously anymore
    There's no way Wines would have copped a suspension after Melksham was not even cited for something very similar but worse a couple of weeks ago.

Both incidents deserved a week or two IMO - MPR is a mess at the moment.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Great message to send to all levels of the game that a suspension is not warranted if a player, not in the act of marking mind you, leads to the ball with studs raised to the head of his opponent, strikes said opponent with raised studs, opponent leaves ground with blood flowing to get stapled up.

But what is a worse look for the game, warranting suspension, is an open hand to the chest.

Simply bewildering on so many levels.

and a btw, there is not a chance in hell that Toby Greene didn't know what he was doing in his reckless endeavour.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang on -- Toby Greene gets a wet lettuce leaf, and Redpath gets rubbed out for two weeks?

Did they get them round the wrong way?

Can someone please explain this to me because I don't understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Staggering
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Well I suppose you can now fend off with a raised foot !
    What an absolute dire state the MRP is in

Post Thanks / Like

They won't, but the AFL should appeal this absurd, spineless call on Greene. His action can not be deemed reasonable - a fine suggests they agree he did something wrong....that something wrong was with his foot to an opponents head.

Ludicrous
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

7. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You have got to be *!*!*!*!ing kidding me?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to post here 3 times, but I'm so angry I was unable to string together a sentence.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Great message to send to all levels of the game that a suspension is not warranted if a player, not in the act of marking mind you, leads to the ball with studs raised to the head of his opponent, strikes said opponent with raised studs, opponent leaves ground with blood flowing to get stapled up.

But what is a worse look for the game, warranting suspension, is an open hand to the chest.

Simply bewildering on so many levels.

and a btw, there is not a chance in hell that Toby Greene didn't know what he was doing in his reckless endeavour.
    Yep, the precedent is set. You can raise your boot towards a player's head in an open play situation and at worst you'll cop a fine irrespective of the consequences.

Hopefully he is BOG next week and kicks a bag against West Coke, but he is an incredibly lucky boy IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for the kick to feature in junior leagues around the country, and Auskick on Grand Final Day. F*!$(! these clowns are beyond a joke. A joke is often funny.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

What has Redpath done to a member the MRP? He's now been on the end of 3 incredibly soft suspensions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    They won't, but the AFL should appeal this absurd, spineless call on Greene. His action can not be deemed reasonable - a fine suggests they agree he did something wrong....that something wrong was with his foot to an opponents head.

Ludicrous
    The umpire got it right, rough conduct. The MRP changed it to misconduct, so that he doesn't get a third strike and automatic 1 week.

On Redpath, my god has anyone seen the incident? He basically pushed Phil Davies who went down like a bag of potatoes and Redpath is given 3 weeks, 3 bloody weeks (down to 2 for early plea). The club must appeal this bullshit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    On Redpath, my god has anyone seen the incident? He basically pushed Phil Davies who went down like a bag of potatoes and Redpath is given 3 weeks, 3 bloody weeks (down to 2 for early plea). The club must appeal this bullshit.
    Redders is just the latest to suffer at the hands of the Phil Davis MENSA acting school. Tom Hawkins can relate.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just be honest and admit that we are lucky that Lukey D didnt get cited for his vicious head butt of poor little Toby's boot.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Likes anfo27, hujsh, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW there is no way that Nathan Burke should be sitting on any panel that is sitting in judgement of a case that involves us in any way at all. He hates us and has never hidden the fact. If he had anything to do with either of those judgement we should be appealing them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.