Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Will Scofield has been offered a week for the hit on Clayton Oliver ... You are kidding me !!! The elbow didn't even connect !! Oliver took the biggest dive since Greg Louganis in the 1984 olympics. The MRP is a joke !!
    The afl is so worried about soccer it's taken the line that if you can't beat them, join then.
    Let the diving commence....
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Will Scofield has been offered a week for the hit on Clayton Oliver ... You are kidding me !!! The elbow didn't even connect !! Oliver took the biggest dive since Greg Louganis in the 1984 olympics. The MRP is a joke !!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG that is brilliant. Great trolling MRP

Post Thanks / Like

Wow just looked that up and couldn't help but laugh at the incident itself let alone the suspension

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That's probably the worst MRP decision in history. There was daylight between Schofield's elbow and Oliver's chin. Not only was Oliver acting it was terrible actually at that. He should cop a week for the bad acting!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Not so sure the Schofield elbow didn't connect, I saw another angle and it looked like it was a glancing blow. Looked very, very low impact but I have also heard it mentioned that getting hit there is the sweet spot and it really rattles your head. So maybe Oliver wasn't exaggerating? Maybe it did actually put him on his arse? Who knows. Schofield out is a big win for us though!

Post Thanks / Like

If they appeal...how do they appeal? "Well we would like to submit that there was no contact" but no evidence to support it?

Post Thanks / Like

Diving has been officially accepted and promoted by the AFL ever since Nick Riewoldt flopped around like a dead fish in the 2009 PF.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Not so sure the Schofield elbow didn't connect, I saw another angle and it looked like it was a glancing blow. Looked very, very low impact but I have also heard it mentioned that getting hit there is the sweet spot and it really rattles your head. So maybe Oliver wasn't exaggerating? Maybe it did actually put him on his arse? Who knows. Schofield out is a big win for us though!
    Have a look at this
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Looked like a flop for mine. Watched it over and over again and just really can't see much in it. That sweet spot should not have been rattled at a glance otherwise he'd have a long history of being concussed.

All that being said Schofield shouldn't be trying to whack someone in the head anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Looked like a flop for mine. Watched it over and over again and just really can't see much in it. That sweet spot should not have been rattled at a glance otherwise he'd have a long history of being concussed.

All that being said Schofield shouldn't be trying to whack someone in the head anyway.
    Well not unless we're playing against him and his Team the following week

13. Likes G-Mo77, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Well not unless we're playing against him and his Team the following week
    Schofield has decided to challenge the suspension.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray. This will be fun to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Schofield has decided to challenge the suspension.
    Does this mean that Oliver will be called upon to give evidence? If so does he say he was acting to milk a free or does he LIE and say he thought his jaw might be broken?
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Does this mean that Oliver will be called upon to give evidence? If so does he say he was acting to milk a free or does he LIE and say he thought his jaw might be broken?
    If Oliver believes he is justified in claiming he was stunned, it would be a new low for player interaction.

After Bugg the prior week with Easton Wood perhaps Melbourne should change their name from Demons to Autumn Leaves.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

The camera angle behind Schofield clearly shows the elbow making contact underneath his chin, and at pace. Not sure falling on his lemon was the proportionate response, but it would've hurt nonetheless.

Can't see him getting off that - it was accidental, but contact to the head is undeniable.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs