Thanks Thanks:  92
Likes Likes:  64
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Father/Son Watch

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Same, but I’m expecting it.

We need to ramp up our involvement with his development and go public with it, even if it means raising his profile and risking him going at a high pick in the draft. Make it harder for the AFEL to justify taking him off us.
    He's going high no matter I feel, so why not. This should be priority number one for Bains. We've been putting our money, time and our resources into him for years and we deserve the reward, and need to argue that any changes (if at all) come in after 2020 at a minimum (after the u/17 and u/18 crop).
    I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk
    I injected some of Hendrixs junk
    I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrds plane
    Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He's going high no matter I feel, so why not. This should be priority number one for Bains. We've been putting our money, time and our resources into him for years and we deserve the reward, and need to argue that any changes (if at all) come in after 2020 at a minimum (after the u/17 and u/18 crop).
    I always thought that kids like Ben Reid (I'm not sure that Sam would have fallen into the time frame) who virtually grew up as a F/S qualifier for us should have been excluded from the new rules the AFEL bought in when they panicked after they saw how well Geelong had done from F/S or at least given them the chance to nominate for us.

If we lost out on kids like Ben Reid then it should have been only fair that players like Ablett and Scarlett should have gone back into the draft. We missed out on players under the old third round pick scenario so why should Geelong get the benefit? Nobody is saying to take away the flags they won with their third rounder F/S picks but kids like Reid who were already qualified should have been exempted under the new rules
    WOOF NUMBER 6

Post Thanks / Like

One Sun flying under the radar this season is small forward-turn-midfielder Darcy MacPherson. He is ranked fourth in the competition for average pressure acts (25.6 a game) and fifth for tackles (6.6)....a real goer just like his dad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    One Sun flying under the radar this season is small forward-turn-midfielder Darcy MacPherson. He is ranked fourth in the competition for average pressure acts (25.6 a game) and fifth for tackles (6.6)....a real goer just like his dad.
    That's great output. A shame we were clogging that type of player on the list with an injured Hrovat and Honeychurch. Now more than ever we need this type. His brother Ewan is putting together a good bottom age year so far, after being u/16 Vic Metro MVP last year. But he's a midfielder. Maybe we can convince Darcy to come back to Victoria to play with his brother after we draft Ewan.

5. Likes Doggy, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Same, but Iím expecting it.

We need to ramp up our involvement with his development and go public with it, even if it means raising his profile and risking him going at a high pick in the draft. Make it harder for the AFEL to justify taking him off us.
    Have to be pretty careful with publicity around the NGA kids. Not due to other clubs awareness of them, all the clubs are already aware of who is who, within reason. But the NGA kids come in to the sights of clubs younger, and don't need the additional pressure by being in the public eye more. We don't need talented young kids burning out mentally and emotionally before they even get drafted.

Post Thanks / Like

Draft central scouting notes from the weekend:

27 Ewan Macpherson

Macpherson was poised and effective off half-back, rebounding well and causing some real run on the counter-attack. His kicking was a feature under pressure, confidently finding space in congestion and hitting his targets under pressure. The defender finished behind Carafa (24) in possessions with 21, tackled well (five) but pulled up a bit unlucky with his frees against.

25 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

Had an impressive game, contested the ball hard and was good at ground level. Good strong contested grab in the forward 50 but was unable to convert in the opening term but worked his way into the game as the match went on. Nailed an impressive goal off a couple of steps working his way through traffic showcasing his clever goal sense and long booming kick. That goal was closely followed by another major credit to his hard running, clever lead and strong hands to take a good mark in the forward 50 and convert. Clever body positioning and read of the play to get out the back and attack the footy and slot through is third goal in the third quarter right on the goal line. Kicked the first goal after half time to add to his total. Clever lead into space and strong hands to take a good grab and then convert on a slight angle for his fourth of the match. ended the game with five goals and proved to be a real dangerous prospect in the forward 50.

(Remembering both are bottom age players)

8. Thanks Bulldog4life, The Doctor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Macca Jnr and and JUH are draftable in 2020 yes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    So Macca Jnr and and JUH are draftable in 2020 yes?
    Yep. Unless the AFEL review of the system of NGAs currently underway takes JUH away from us.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Unless the AFEL review of the system of NGAs currently underway takes JUH away from us.
    I'd love a foot massage from Kylie Minogue but that's not happening any time soon...

Maybe Uma Thurman but.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft central scouting notes from recent Metro v Country u/16 trial games:

Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers | 191/66)

The son of Bulldogs champion Luke Darcy looked every bit like his old man although playing mostly as a forward he took some nice marks on the lead and certainly moved well and showed good hands at ground level for a taller player. Standing at 191cm and only 66kg, he certainly needs to grow into his body before he can really dominate a game but the signs are there that he could be a handy player and with any luck can grow to the height of his old man and be that dangerous goal kicking ruckman that would be handy in the modern game.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft central scouting notes from recent Metro v Country u/16 trial games:

Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers | 191/66)

The son of Bulldogs champion Luke Darcy looked every bit like his old man although playing mostly as a forward he took some nice marks on the lead and certainly moved well and showed good hands at ground level for a taller player. Standing at 191cm and only 66kg, he certainly needs to grow into his body before he can really dominate a game but the signs are there that he could be a handy player and with any luck can grow to the height of his old man and be that dangerous goal kicking ruckman that would be handy in the modern game.
    Oh! I hadn't heard about him before. Cheers BT.

Is he bottom age?
    WOOF NUMBER 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Oh! I hadn't heard about him before. Cheers BT.

Is he bottom age?
    Only u/16's, in the Oakleigh chargers development squad and possible Vic Metro rep in the games starting this weekend. He's a bottom age player next year. Conceivably, Ugle-Hagan and Darcy could be the tall forward set up for Oakleigh next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an updated list of potential father son selections I liberated from Big Footy:

Joshua Kellett - (2019 Draft)
    Oliver Liberatore (2019 Draft)
    Tyler Kolyniuk (2019 Draft)
    Daniel Romero (2019 Draft)
    Ewan MacPherson (2020 Draft)
    Sam Darcy - (2021 Draft)
    Cooper West - (2021 Draft)
    Kobi West - (2021 Draft)
    Kai Dimattina - (2021 Draft)
    Kyan Eagleton - (2022 Draft)
    Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
    Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
    Tom Garlick - (2023 Draft)
    Max Darcy - (2023 Draft)
    Jack Johnson - (2023 Draft)
    Harry Cameron - (2024 Draft)
    Lukas Eagleton - (2025 Draft)
    Jaxon Cooney - (2025 Draft)
    Oliver Grant - (2025 Draft)
    Jarvis Murphy - (2025 Draft)
    Cohen Lake - (2025 Draft)
    Sonny Garlick - (2025 Draft)
    Riley Morris - (2026 Draft)
    Zakaria Daniel Mark Southern (2028 Draft)
    Charlie Morris (2029 Draft)
    Malachy Picken - (2030 Draft)
    Jack Cameron - (2030 Draft)
    Levi Hahn (2030 Draft)
    Otis Giansiracusa - (2030 Draft)
    Tyler Cross - (2030 Draft)
    Jude Brown - (2031 Draft)
    Miller Kretiuk - (2034 Draft)
    James Boyd - (2034 Draft)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for refresh on the list. The reality though is that unless the bulldogs have "hidden" Libba the younger, Kellet is the only prospect likely to be drafted and even then it is probably a late pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Kellett named in the bests again. I think that's the 6th time out of 8 games (head knock in one, then missed two).

Website haven't uploaded Northern stats/bests (MacPherson) as yet for some reason. But about a week ago Northern Knights coach Justin Wenke said this to the local newspaper about MacPherson: ‘(He's) Been a shining light for us....bottom-age boy and he reads the ball well, marks it well, makes good decisions with his feet, great competitor’.

Edit/Update: MacPherson named in the bests again.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 23-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.

20. Thanks bornadog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post