Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hrovat Draft Compo Watch - Round by Round

The key figure for what we net for Hrovat is swapping our 3rd rounder with North this year. (The fourth round swap goes to St Kilda so who cares).

Hrovat Compo:

As of round 4 - the live ladder is obtaining from North nominal pick 38 (to go with our 1st & 2nd round selections, and assuming later picks used on 2 rookie upgrades. Giving us three picks inside 38 to draft and/or trade, without anything else happening).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hrovat Draft Compo Watch - Round by Round

Pardon my ignorance, but how do we get 2 first rounders

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but how do we get 2 first rounders
    Poor wording on my part. To go with our first picks, inside the first two rounds. Fixed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This is like a mini-me version of what the Saints are doing with Hawthorn. Norf look destined to be a bottom 4 team now, as they will embrace the rebuild and the opportunity to get some top-end talent into their list now that they are 0-4 and all but out of calculations for this season. It could end up being a 12-14 spot upgrade for our 3rd and 4th rounders, which is a nice result for a player who would not have improved our team one iota this season and beyond.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

So. We got North's third and fourth round picks this year for Hrovat is that right? So if North finish 18th then our picks will the first selection of round three of the draft and the first selection of round four of the draft. Is that right?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So. We got North's third and fourth round picks this year for Hrovat is that right? So if North finish 18th then our picks will the first selection of round three of the draft and the first selection of round four of the draft. Is that right?
    We gave North's 4th rounder this year to St Kilda in the Stevens trade. So the only thing for us is looking at the third rounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We gave North's 4th rounder this year to St Kilda in the Stevens trade. So the only thing for us is looking at the third rounder.
    What did we get from the Saints again?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What did we get from the Saints again?
    An 11 pick upgrade last year. They'll probably get a 25 pick upgrade this year. So they're net ahead, plus Stevens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This is like a mini-me version of what the Saints are doing with Hawthorn. Norf look destined to be a bottom 4 team now, as they will embrace the rebuild and the opportunity to get some top-end talent into their list now that they are 0-4 and all but out of calculations for this season. It could end up being a 12-14 spot upgrade for our 3rd and 4th rounders, which is a nice result for a player who would not have improved our team one iota this season and beyond.
    Still not a great trade IMO, but hopefully we get lucky and can maximise the pic.

Post Thanks / Like

An 11 pick upgrade last year. They'll probably get a 25 pick upgrade this year. So they're net ahead, plus Stevens.
    Average trading, but sometimes you take a hit to help a player find a home and get longer term benefits (good relationships with other clubs, reputation as a good home for players).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Average trading, but sometimes you take a hit to help a player find a home and get longer term benefits (good relationships with other clubs, reputation as a good home for players).
    If the rough plan was use 3 picks in 2017 (18, 36 & 38), upgrade Lynch & Smith and grab a free agent then 6 changes means we wouldn't use North's 4th rounder in any event. Six changes is still a fair turnover (Bob, Boyd, Hamilton, Honey and still two more).

Post Thanks / Like

Will you tell Bob he's retiring or shall I do it?

13. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will you tell Bob he's retiring or shall I do it?
    I think he will do it off his own bat. I hope the boys do it with Bob before that occurs.

Post Thanks / Like

So we gave them Stevens and our fourth rounder this year for an eleven pick upgrade in which round last year?

Post Thanks / Like

So we gave them Stevens and our fourth rounder this year for an eleven pick upgrade in which round last year?
    The full trade is:

Dogs: 11 pick upgrade 2016 (pick 61 into pick 50), Saints 5th rounder 2017 (which we won't probably use, circa pick 84)
    Saints: Stevens, 2016 11 pick downgrade, Then on traded Norths 2017 good fourth rounder (circa 26 pick upgrade for Saints - pick 84 into 58)

So they basicly got Stevens for free and with a net gain in the draft order.

So Brian Lake = Hrovat & Stevens. Hrovat & Stevens = net gain of around 25 draft order spots, and net loss of around 25 draft orderspots... No net draft/player gain for trading Lake now.