Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
Yep. Based on current ladder positions, ignoring the depth of each draft etc. About 5 ladder spots away from being turned in our favour points wise

It was a last minute trade deal, where we were probably faced with the prospect of either delisting him or getting him where he wanted to be for more opportunities. We can all value Koby more than what we got for him, but he wanted out and that was all that was on the table
I have no problem with the trade at all, it's not a great trade, but it was the only one available. As you say he was headed out the door for nothing, so we shuffled some picks around hoping to get anything better than nothing. Typical for us, the year that player values dropped drastically we had Hamling, Hrovat & Stevens wanting out!! Hopefully there's some good value for players coming to us this year. I don't think we anticipated North possibly finishing 17th either. St Kilda must be happy they're on the right side of futuresntrades this year.

Can you imagine a world where North kept a few decent players (Harvey, Wells etc) and they knew how to finish games off... We would be looking at nothing for Hrovat. I was talking to a North fan a while back and they were hopeful that they could finish above us and trade up in that deal. Future trading is an interesting dimension now, and I'm happy that Hawthorn have pushed the Saints first rounder out of the top 5 realm.