Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  21
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hrovat Draft Compo Watch - Round by Round

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Yep. Based on current ladder positions, ignoring the depth of each draft etc. About 5 ladder spots away from being turned in our favour points wise

It was a last minute trade deal, where we were probably faced with the prospect of either delisting him or getting him where he wanted to be for more opportunities. We can all value Koby more than what we got for him, but he wanted out and that was all that was on the table
    I have no problem with the trade at all, it's not a great trade, but it was the only one available. As you say he was headed out the door for nothing, so we shuffled some picks around hoping to get anything better than nothing. Typical for us, the year that player values dropped drastically we had Hamling, Hrovat & Stevens wanting out!! Hopefully there's some good value for players coming to us this year. I don't think we anticipated North possibly finishing 17th either. St Kilda must be happy they're on the right side of futuresntrades this year.

Can you imagine a world where North kept a few decent players (Harvey, Wells etc) and they knew how to finish games off... We would be looking at nothing for Hrovat. I was talking to a North fan a while back and they were hopeful that they could finish above us and trade up in that deal. Future trading is an interesting dimension now, and I'm happy that Hawthorn have pushed the Saints first rounder out of the top 5 realm.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

R.19

Dogs Get Pick 39
    Roos Get Pick 44-47 (& Hrovat)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

R.20 Edition (Collingwood staying ahead, and WCE lose tomorrow playing in Melbourne)

Dogs Get Pick 39
    Roos Get Pick 48 (& Hrovat)

9 pick upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    R.20 Edition (Collingwood staying ahead, and WCE lose tomorrow playing in Melbourne)

Dogs Get Pick 39
    Roos Get Pick 48 (& Hrovat)

9 pick upgrade.
    The double blow of Carlton getting pipped was not just Essendon staying in the finals race but it would have dropped Norf down to 2nd last again.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The double blow of Carlton getting pipped was not just Essendon staying in the finals race but it would have dropped Norf down to 2nd last again.
    Where was Liam Jones when we needed him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Where was Liam Jones when we needed him?
    Was probably Carlton's best player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Surely he had another effort to stop that last goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Watched the game. His improvement in the last 6 weeks or so is remarkable. Good on him.

10. Thanks Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

R.21

Dogs Get Pick 39
    Roos Get Pick 46 (& Hrovat)

7 pick upgrade.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 13-08-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Rooting ahead:

St Kilda defeats North
    Brisbane defeats North (Gabba) (Fighting for the wooden spoon most likely)

Dogs Get Pick 38 (If Carlton defeats Hawks next week, then pick 37)

North Get Pick ** (Don't really care what the pick is we give them back, but it will be a minimal upgrade) & Hrovat

Post Thanks / Like

Final (safe to say I can make some assumptions)

Hrovat, Picks 45 & 63 - for - Picks 40 & 58 (on traded below)

Stevens, Pick 61 (2016) & Pick 58 (2017) - for - Pick 50 (2016) & Pick 80 (2017)

So in our hands a five pick upgrade for Hrovat
    Last year an 11 pick upgrade in our hands, but a 22 drop this year for Stevens.

Likely picks for this year's draft: 9, 27 & 40

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton winning tonight has put Norf right in the mix for the wooden spoon. They won't beat St Kilda tomorrow and I don't think they can beat Brisbane at the Gabba next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a pissy 4 pick upgrade instead of 7 picks. Thanks for nothing Norf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Looks like a pissy 4 pick upgrade instead of 7 picks. Thanks for nothing Norf.
    And people were happy with the return. Horrible trade at the time and an even worse one now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    And people were happy with the return. Horrible trade at the time and an even worse one now.
    Don't really care about the trade - Hrovat is a 22-30 player with us and a starting 18 player with a cellar dweller. Would have been nice to have 3 picks in the top 40.