Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 5, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Brisbane Lions

Brisbane will be no push overs for any side this year. They are quick and use the ball well. However, we really let them in by our shocking kicking for goal in the first half. If you dominate but miss goals and they goal each time they go forward ... you don't have to be Einstein to work out the psychological effect. "Hey boys, we're well in this"
    Our second quarter was very poor. They cut us to ribbons for 20 minutes. Team defence collapsed.
    To the team's credit they turned it around in the 3rd and blitzed it in the last ten minutes.
    But, we have problems. Unless we fix our goal kicking and start hitting some targets inside 50 we are going to come up short against better sides.
    I'm worried about Libba. I don't see him having his usual impact.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I'm worried about Libba. I don't see him having his usual impact.
    I agree, I don't think he has played well in the first 5 rounds, and is not getting his hands on the ball. It is all well and good to rack up tackles, but that only means you are second to the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to have Saturday afternoon Western Bulldogs footy and looking at the fixture we have a few. Had a drink in the social club today which was good.

On the game the effort in the 1st half was there but our kicking at goal was laughable as well as the defence at times. Jong is an excellent mark but set shots at goal not so good.

2nd half we changed and and got into the game. Bonti, Picken, Macrae, JJ,Clay all important in getting us back. Flectch took an important mark in the last. Marcus Adams probably shouldn't have played as forward as much.

Overall a great result in the end winning by 30 odd points and for Bobs 300th.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Yeah dunno if it's even worth grabbing off the Foxtel box.

We would not want to be serving up that crap next week against GWS.
    Different mindset next Friday when we face GWS and come out firing from the start. Our starts to games need to improve as while a quality side like us can comeback against weaker opposition against the stronger opposition the chances decrease.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"