Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  31
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Toby McLean

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toby McLean

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Has only been back from injury for 3 games and has kicked 5 goals in that time. Clearly has a new role and next to zero midfield minutes.
    Hard to know exactly what role he is playing but if he is kicking a couple of goals a game he is meeting (some of) his objectives and thus is best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned on another thread, that his two goals both came after Adelaide had kicked 2 in a row - so were fairly important. He's a good player who has the hallmarks of being someone who will do the right things at the right times in finals. I'd be sticking with him.

3. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sticking with him too, just quite confused by his role and then output. He did a nice kick to Dale in the second who won a free kick and then missed a sitter

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah stick with him. He is a dangerous player and can turn nothing into something in a split second. Covers a lot of ground and applies a lot of pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely stick with him.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

We need to stuck with him, He needs to play a final series like Clay Smith did. Just hard at it and relentless with pressure.

He has it in him and I'm sure he will respond in September.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    We need to stuck with him, He needs to play a final series like Clay Smith did. Just hard at it and relentless with pressure.

He has it in him and I'm sure he will respond in September.
    Agree
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

His pressure is influential and underrated. I’m a fan of Toby, much tougher than his waif like appearance portrays.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

10. Likes Mofra, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasn’t had the best year but is an important part of the puzzle so I would persist with him.

Dunkley, Macrae, Bont have been excellent and should be in the top 3 in the Sutton medal count.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

We need to keep players with class like McLean . Reads the ball well and is a good kick on both sides . His left foot snap on weekend was good
    Comparison would be a Travis varcoe type player who always seems to be in the right spots and is good link player and good finisher . His good tackler. These players are important

McLean not big enough to pay in the midfield , but he could spend some minutes there for chop out when are big mids on bench

Post Thanks / Like

Think he is playing an important role in the fwd line. He's providing a good defensive effort, winning the ball in close when those kicks I50 don't quite get deep enough and is hitting the scoreboard. HFF is a hard position to play, Uncle isn't playing a starring role but in a team where we've got some pretty raw forwards, he is bringing the disciplined talent to the table.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a good forward line he is another like Bailey Dale who will kick goals if the others are tagged, a little like our midfield you tag one the other will take over.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve loved Toby mclean over the last few weeks. Isn’t getting as much of it because he isn’t playing midfield minutes but when it is his turn he is classy, composed and effective.

He plays a role - most of the time it seems to be a linking high half forward flanker. He has the hallmarks of an elite player for me, I’d call him elite over most of 2017, plus he is clearly a guy who can stand up in big games

Post Thanks / Like

We need more guys who are smart footballers who can use the ball well.

Toby's a guy who will play his role then 1-2 times per game do something special to create a score.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

He's a high pressure player will be pivotal in finals heat.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.