Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
I just don't see how Boyd becomes a top line key forward with his limited marking ability. He has a worse technique than just about any forward I've ever seen.
For me, I'd rather his sole training and development focus being on rectifying and improving any marking issues rather than tap work and ruck positioning. I'd rather him have a more clear focus on his forward craft, including marking and leading/running patterns, and have to navigate himself into the game up forward and work through limited entries or quiet patches there to become more imposing.

After the GF I can't recall too much concern about his marking technique. I heard a lot of Dermott Breteton in the JLT banging on about his marking, something he wasn't doing when he was coaching him at GWS incidentally. He's a 21yo kid with time to improve his forward craft to become a dominant player. He can't do that if he's rucking too much and spending attention and training about ruck positioning and tap work. I guess I have a lot of faith in Tom and his ability to develop into the gun everyone knew he was when drafted & traded, past his current 44 games.