Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  42
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope Ballarat clash persuades state government to boost Eureka Stadium’s capacity

Heard Gillion this morning saying he expects North Ballarat to re group and be back in the future, a bit like a Frankston.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope Ballarat clash persuades state government to boost Eureka Stadium’s capacity

They should re-launch as a separate brand which encapsulates the broader Ballarat area.

What colours did the old Ballarat league rep side wear?

Post Thanks / Like

Answering my own question here. It's navy blue and white.

In fact, it's traditionally been the same design as North Ballarat's - just navy blue substituting black. Same as the old Sunshine VFA guernsey... That might appeal to all BFL people and give them a bit more or a feeling of ownership or buy-in for the team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    North Ballarat has just had it's VFL licence revoked, so no VFL games for Eureka next year?
    Surely Footscray would play some of our home games there moving forward - 50/50 split with the kennel would be a great way to continue fostering our Ballarat relationship at grass roots level.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Surely Footscray would play some of our home games there moving forward - 50/50 split with the kennel would be a great way to continue fostering our Ballarat relationship at grass roots level.
    Some people will get upset about taking games away from WO, and I do love the whole experience attending games there but honestly, the wind makes it unwatchable at times. Splitting some games between WO and Ballarat wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps also an opportunity to gather some of the in-limbo North Ballarat players and forge a bit of a local link..?
    Perhaps a gentleman's agreement to clear them back if/when NB are readmitted? Thus avoiding being seen as vultures..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Some people will get upset about taking games away from WO, and I do love the whole experience attending games there but honestly, the wind makes it unwatchable at times. Splitting some games between WO and Ballarat wouldn't be the end of the world.
    That's not a bad idea at all. I'm a Footscray local and I'd go to war to keep games at Whitten oval (I know I've done it before ) but Footscray splitting games between Eureka and WO makes a lot of sense and may help aleviate the situation with North Ballarat untimely removal (honestly VFL how much would it have cost to have NB play in the comp as compared to the fact they now have to walk away from a virtually purpose built facility a few weeks after it officially opened?) That makes no sense to me.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite