Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  42
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope Ballarat clash persuades state government to boost Eureka Stadium’s capacity

At this stage only Stage 1 (5000 seated). The grassed areas are spectator mounds that will eventually be removed to make way for extension of the big stand. I think that we will have to wait until next year and the next State election to get further funding and announcements for further expansion.

Below: Where Bevo will sit

Last edited by LostDoggy; 30-07-2017 at 12:17 PM.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope Ballarat clash persuades state government to boost Eureka Stadium’s capacity

It's not long to go now and I'm looking forward to this game.

I wonder if there will be 2 games scheduled next year?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's not long to go now and I'm looking forward to this game.

I wonder if there will be 2 games scheduled next year?
    That's the plan, I'd expect one around April and the second in August.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    That's the plan, I'd expect one around April and the second in August.
    And there appears to be some speculation that we might still play in Cairns next year as the away team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Woofer. It does look good but in all seriousness I would like to see a splash of red in the seating bays to make it red, white and blue. The colour scheme is a bit too Geelongy, we have to bulldog it up a shade!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes N/A, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And there appears to be some speculation that we might still play in Cairns next year as the away team

Don't have a problem playing in Cairns. The North of Australia is a fortress for us, we are almost unbeatable up there. It's the week after (today) that we have to fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Woofer, is there a corporate area or plans for one?

Post Thanks / Like

Woofer, is there a corporate area or plans for one?
    Not sure, that may well come with subsequent stages. The North Ballarat Sports Club has private areas that overlook the ground, but I imagine that future developments on the Eastern Side of the oval would likely incorporate private suites.

I did note yesterday that the Council have installed the original 400 seats that were removed from the old Northern Stand and recycled them around the boundary fence in the standing areas. That at least allows for elderly perhaps to access the General Entry as long as people are reasonably fair about it.

12. Likes bulldogtragic, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, that may well come with subsequent stages. The North Ballarat Sports Club has private areas that overlook the ground, but I imagine that future developments on the Eastern Side of the oval would likely incorporate private suites.

I did note yesterday that the Council have installed the original 400 seats that were removed from the old Northern Stand and recycled them around the boundary fence in the standing areas. That at least allows for elderly perhaps to access the General Entry as long as people are reasonably fair about it.

Looks in ripping nick and comes up a treat on one of those amazing sunny winter days in Ballarat. Fingers crossed the weather gods play nice in a few weeks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Looks in ripping nick and comes up a treat on one of those amazing sunny winter days in Ballarat. Fingers crossed the weather gods play nice in a few weeks.
    I think that we all concur with those thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The Eureka stand... It does my rebellious heart good to see a name like that.
    It is what it is ... the blue and white seats mixed with the triangular patterns at the back of the stands, very Eureka Flag. For my money, still one of the most beautiful flags that this country has produced.

Post Thanks / Like

It is what it is ... the blue and white seats mixed with the triangular patterns at the back of the stands, very Eureka Flag. For my money, still one of the most beautiful flags that this country has produced.

Agree Woofer

18. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair point about the Eureka flag. I didn't see that first.

Post Thanks / Like

More tickets have gone on sale this morning, both reserved seats and GA
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    More tickets have gone on sale this morning, both reserved seats and GA
    I managed to get a reserved seat in new stand.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.