Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  60
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    At the height of my powers in A or B section amateurs I'd expect to be able to keep MCartin to a low score standing at 183cm if my colleagues sorted team defence properly. That's what will happen with all of our mid-size defenders working through his area. He's still young and trying to get his body and health issues right. He'll get there in the end, but I don't think it will be this week.
    A 6'4 number 1 draft pick would eat you alive. McCartin was a gun. A talented forward and forward line would create space for him at every opportunity.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to win this week. McLean is fit and makes us a better side. Why is he not in the team after high 20 possessions and 17 tackles? What does the boy need to do?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We need to win this week. McLean is fit and makes us a better side. Why is he not in the team after high 20 possessions and 17 tackles? What does the boy need to do?
    My take on McLean is him needing to kick the ball more. The VFL coach mentioned in his presser something to this effect.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Some strange selections.. hopefully they pay off.

Would be extremely disappointed if Cloke was told of his non-selection via text, would think Bevo is better than that.. especially given the comments he made on radio.

Last chance saloon for a few one would think including Suckling who must be hanging on by a thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a matter of not fitting the balance of the side. We've brought in a keyish forward (Stringer), a backup ruck (English) and a running defender (Biggs). Mclean doesn't assist with any of those spots. I personally would have him ahead of Smith but they must see Smith as being able to contribute something Mclean cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Last chance saloon for a few one would think including Suckling who must be hanging on by a thread.
    How he and Smith remain in the side after contributing next to nothing this year astounds me. Both have been hugely disappointing.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Roughy named as Emergency but not named for Footscray?

Hoping Clay proves me wrong and kicks 3 or 4 but I just don't get his selection ahead of McLean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Maybe it's a matter of not fitting the balance of the side. We've brought in a keyish forward (Stringer), a backup ruck (English) and a running defender (Biggs). Mclean doesn't assist with any of those spots. I personally would have him ahead of Smith but they must see Smith as being able to contribute something Mclean cannot.

How he and Smith remain in the side after contributing next to nothing this year astounds me. Both have been hugely disappointing.
    I'd prefer McLean down there before Dale. Dale has been ok but McLean is a far better player at this stage. I really hope Dale plays well tomorrow, hopefully the ground and pace suit him more than Subi and KP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

Hoping Clay proves me wrong and kicks 3 or 4 but I just don't get his selection ahead of McLean.
    Roughy named at CHB for Footscray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Was told by some in the know that Roughy would play. Will have to wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer McLean down there before Dale. Dale has been ok but McLean is a far better player at this stage. I really hope Dale plays well tomorrow, hopefully the ground and pace suit him more than Subi and KP.
    In general I prefer Mclean but I thought Dale was good last week and needs continuity. I wouldn't be dropping him.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

A 6'4 number 1 draft pick would eat you alive. McCartin was a gun. A talented forward and forward line would create space for him at every opportunity.
    Yep, definitely one of the more outrageous ways I've tried to illustrate a point on this forum.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what the MC are doing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, N/A, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Press Conference:

* 8 changes an indication we're searching of our best. That's part of reason we're 5-4 and also how well opposition is playing

* We didn't get what we needed from our tall forwards & beaten in the air by Cats defence. Always pressure, looking to pick 22

* Best nice to be settled and playing best 22. History says we haven't been able to do in recent years, not too worried about

* Tim is a very tall young man, has terrific game sense for a tall. Not your stereotype ruck, exciting to have him in the team

* Rough is close, very good last week. He's getting through 4 qtrs with some strength, but Tim has had more footy under belt

* Tim presents as a challenge for opposition due to his height and mobility at ground level. Almost a 4th mid

* We like Tommy Boyd's game last week, like how he hit the scoreboard

* It's an important round, they're all important and we don't like to lose. We need to be on our edge, St Kilda do bring pressure

* Nick Riewoldt is star, both performance and leadership. No doubt Saints will miss him, but they will have able replacements

* If you saw Shane Biggs' game last week, you would've seen he was back to form. Had good balance. Great for him & Bailey to play together

* Stewy won't play this year, but we will work him to be fit and ready for 2018.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You appear to be president of the anti-Bailey Dale club Hardly an opportunity goes by without you calling for him to be dropped. Do you think he has a future?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    * If you saw Shane Biggs' game last week, you would've seen he was back to form. Had good balance. Great for him & Bailey to play together
    Interesting, all but stating we are planning for the future. I really rate Williams
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers