Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  60
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Ok after having a think...

McLean for Webb. More versatile and safer bet in terms of offering us value throughout game.

Biggs for Suckling. Team d.

Honey for Clay. I think Honey is more versatile and suited to playing with taller forwards. Clay is more like a tall than a small in how he plays.

Roughy for Red. Hard on Red but he is too easy to rebound off. Struggles to lay a tackle.
    That is how I would go as well, and what I think will happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Ok after having a think...

McLean for Webb. More versatile and safer bet in terms of offering us value throughout game.

Biggs for Suckling. Team d.

Honey for Clay. I think Honey is more versatile and suited to playing with taller forwards. Clay is more like a tall than a small in how he plays.

Roughy for Red. Hard on Red but he is too easy to rebound off. Struggles to lay a tackle.
    I like these changes. If Boyd is fit does he take the Biggs spot?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Redpath has the ability to tackle, and hurt when he does it. I remember the 2014 VFL Grand Final, and three critical tackles he laid on the defenders. I was quite close to one, thankfully with the fence for protection, and I will never forget Big Reds eyes as he lined up the unfortunate Hawks player and took him out. Scary stuff.

The question is why is this no longer a part of his game ? Is it that his mobility has been effected ?
    As above I agree that all the recos have slowed him down. If he gets you watch out but the problem now is his closing speed, which is lacking thereby limiting his ability to make contests. The other aspect over Redpath other than the tackling aspect (which allows Cloke to play up the ground), is Cloke's aerobic ability meaning he simply makes more contests than Redpath can.

These attributes far outweigh Redpath's 1.7 goals a game, bearing in mind that Cloke is going at better than a goal a game as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I like these changes. If Boyd is fit does he take the Biggs spot?
    Seeing as we haven't won a game when Boyd isn't playing, in the last three years....get him back out there whatever it takes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Redpath was very good v West Coast with 10 marks and 3 goals. And even without getting much footy on Friday night, still kicked a couple - and will take his opportunities where Cloke won't.
    Agree. Red knows where the goals are. A big plus for a forward. Even before he was injured he was averaging 2 goals a game. 2 games in this year he averages 2.5. I don't care how he gets them, Joe the goose etc etc, but after Dicko he is our most reliable kick for goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Seeing as we haven't won a game when Boyd isn't playing, in the last three years....get him back out there whatever it takes!
    Why? Its just one of those peculiar stats that means nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Think Jordan Lewis, Simon Black or Nigel Lappin. Players like these guys are what we're trying to turn Webb into
    Luke Hodge
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Why? Its just one of those peculiar stats that means nothing.
    You don't really think posters are being serious do you?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

In what universe is Redpath a better player than Cloke? Cloke changed the Sydney game for us earlier this year and was good against the Cats in patches - needs to keep playing.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes Sedat, Happy Days, Danny the snakeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cloke was really poor against Geelong I thought. His ill discipline was incredibly frustrating, followed up by a really poor effort on the wing straight after and a non contest going back with the flight of the ball earlier in the game, these things annoyed me a great deal. We need his marking ability up on the wing, along with Roughead. I think he gets the nod above Redpath on the back of that, assuming we won't play all three.

Cloke owes us an improved effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Luke Hodge
    Yes, for sure. Tough I'm not sure he could be as good a bloke as Hodgey...........jeez I'd love to have a beer with Hodgey.

Obviously I picked out elite players - and Jordan Lewis. If he could get somewhere near Lewis that would be a great outcome.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Cloke was really poor against Geelong I thought. His ill discipline was incredibly frustrating, followed up by a really poor effort on the wing straight after and a non contest going back with the flight of the ball earlier in the game, these things annoyed me a great deal. We need his marking ability up on the wing, along with Roughead. I think he gets the nod above Redpath on the back of that, assuming we won't play all three.

Cloke owes us an improved effort.
    I'm of a different opinion. Cloke owes us nothing and is essentially playing for a foreman construction site wage. Anything we get is a bonus. His brain fade was disappointing and ill timed but he was the only target coming out of the backline all night, laid 4 tackles, kicked a goal and went into the ruck. It also shows he's passionate and has bought in and wants to do well. That's encouraging because sooner or later he's going to have a big game. We need him on the edge.

For his first game back I thought he had a better night than many others.

14. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot, Danny the snakeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm of a different opinion. Cloke owes us nothing and is essentially playing for a foreman construction site wage. Anything we get is a bonus. His brain fade was disappointing and ill timed but he was the only target coming out of the backline all night, laid 4 tackles, kicked a goal and went into the ruck. It also shows he's passionate and has bought in and wants to do well. That's encouraging because sooner or later he's going to have a big game. We need him on the edge.

For his first game back I thought he had a better night than many others.
    His game was not bad.But Bevo said in public that Cloke's brain fade in the last swung the game in Geelong's favour. Bevo was very disappointed. As well as talking about it in public he spoke to Cloke personally after the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Ins: Stringer, McLean, Roughie
    Outs: Dale, Webb, Redpath

I've tried to go like for like. Cordy didn't put heat on key backs with his performance at VFL level and I can't see Libba coming back in until after the bye.

Smith's 7 tackles and 2 goals keeps him in the team ahead of the kids. I think the more we play Smith the better he'll be and the more he'll close that gap between best and worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    His game was not bad.But Bevo said in public that Cloke's brain fade in the last swung the game in Geelong's favour. Bevo was very disappointed. As well as talking about it in public he spoke to Cloke personally after the game.
    One incident doesn't lose a game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.