Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  89
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This should be the last year for Murphy, MBoyd and Morris

Morris gets another year for me - most teams play a leading forward/tweener who is around Morris' size so we get to play two genuine talls plus Morris who directs the backline when he plays.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to re-sign Dale for another year, his season has been cruelled by 'freak' injuries, but when he has played he has been more than serviceable.. Really need some experience and direction in the back half which has been severely lack this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I can understand and respect bornadog's view for sure. There is certainly the risk that Morris' body doesn't stand up to another year.

But my personal view is that Lewis Young, Zaine Cordy and Bailey Williams will have better seasons if Morris is still on the list. I worry about losing that experience and level of instruction (both on game day and at the club) out of the backline group - noting that the younger players already mention how much instruction they get from Murphy, also Boyd and Morris.
    I can also agree with this and won't be unhappy if he plays on, he is my favourite defender of all time, - well all most, certainly this century.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Morris said on 360 last week he will play on if the club wants him.
    Bevo said in press conference on Saturday that they want Morris to play next year
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been in the Morris stays on camp, any other 34+ in the AFL would be a no way for me.
    But Morris is no ordinary 34+ player, his courage, leadership, recovery from injury and now with us not picking up Lever he is a must.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel quite strongly that Morris' time is up. His performance on the weekend was his best for the season, he's had next to no impact in the other games and has clearly not had the slight athletic edge that he's been renowned for over the course of his career. Combine this with Lewis Young and Zaine Cordy's development down back and a returning Marcus Adams and there might not even be a place for him next year.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I feel quite strongly that Morris' time is up. His performance on the weekend was his best for the season, he's had next to no impact in the other games and has clearly not had the slight athletic edge that he's been renowned for over the course of his career. Combine this with Lewis Young and Zaine Cordy's development down back and a returning Marcus Adams and there might not even be a place for him next year.
    Could the 3 week lay off due to a broken arm allowed other parts of his body time to heal so that he was able to move freely?

Well it's fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Like English I still think that Young needs more time in the VFL. Morris would be a great third man support for Adams and Cordy, which together with Biggs Wood and Williams gives you a solid defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Morris does not need to pay all the games next year if we have someone developing as a replacement . The rest would mean his body can heal and get more quality footy out of him. He had a late start to afl I I recall .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Morris does not need to pay all the games next year if we have someone developing as a replacement . The rest would mean his body can heal and get more quality footy out of him. He had a late start to afl I I recall .
    Zaine seems mobile enough to cover him when he's out as long as one of the talls can cover for Zaine at FB.

Post Thanks / Like

How would posters feel if Matt Boyd was left out of the team on Friday night?

Its a tricky one - as we need to pick our best side given we are still a (small) chance to make it - but Boyd is surely not far out of the best side, and is still playing well as VFL level (albeit not our choice with half an eye on the future).

I'm really not sure how reliable the source is, so take it for what it is - but I have heard he was told on Monday that he wouldn't be in Friday nights team.

Hope that info is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    How would posters feel if Matt Boyd was left out of the team on Friday night?

Its a tricky one - as we need to pick our best side given we are still a (small) chance to make it - but Boyd is surely not far out of the best side, and is still playing well as VFL level (albeit not our choice with half an eye on the future).

I'm really not sure how reliable the source is, so take it for what it is - but I have heard he was told on Monday that he wouldn't be in Friday nights team.

Hope that info is wrong.
    I'm conflicted over that possible decision.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Would love Matty t be in the side on the weekend, they have a big retirement to lift them.
    What better way to trump them and have two of our own.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

It's tough. But his VFL form has been good enough. I say with Stringer out, move Murph forward and Boyd can replace Murph at half back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's tough. But his VFL form has been good enough. I say with Stringer out, move Murph forward and Boyd can replace Murph at half back
    Murf has been playing forward in at least the last 2 games.