Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
I think we are a mile off the side that got 15 wins in the home and away season and then put together a faultless finals series.
We can stare into the eyes of the coaches and ask if they were demanding enough of players returning from holidays and ask were they happy with what they saw?

We can ask the hard question of the list managers and see why we started 2017 with a weaker team than what we finished 2016 with?

We should certainly ask questions around player development plans and were the coaches and fitness staff content with the results let alone question why our skill level is still an issue?

We know we had injuries and some players dropped off by an alarming rate so it's going to be very interesting to see how seriously the clubs takes an unfulfilling 2017 season. Was it the gap year we had to have or did we just get lucky in 2016? If the answer is yes to either of those options I'll won't be content with that.

I think it's a lot of wishful thinking to say the difference between last year is comparable to the Hawks
I think my intention is to ask, 'what did Hawthorn do in response to their narrowly missing finals in 2009, and are there any lessons from how they responded for us to pick up on'.