Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  39
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Adams - 3 year deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Adams is a very exciting footballer - his ceiling is huge.

Just need that body to hold up.
    When I've re-watched the odd 2017 game his form was better than I'd believed

Getting his feet right is crucial

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is there a game limit? None of those guys have played 50 games yet have they?
    Just says in their first two seasons. You could get to 50 with finals both years but unlikely
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Just says in their first two seasons. You could get to 50 with finals both years but unlikely

Yeah, I reread the OP and saw that two year limit. Interesting. Apparantly if you debuted at 54 (gotta hold out some hope for us 53 yos) you could still win an award for being the AFL's Best Young Player!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the increase of defenders over the last few weeks were do we see Adams playing his football?
    Did the club like what they saw when he had a stint up forward.
    He seemed to lead well and he holds his marks.
    Or do we have enough tall forwards now that if they are playing well there is no spot forward.
    Does he stay back and are the increases in defenders are because Adams hasn't had durability to stay on the park so we got coverage.
    Interesting times ahead.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I think Adams will play in the backline along with Trengove. Guys like Naughton are the future, and will be ready once he reaches around 21 years of age. In that time Trengrove will be 30, and maybe slowing down.

I think we have recruited with a succession plan in place. I don't see Adams as a forward.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we're looking for a genuine swingman. I see Adams & Young as capable. We've got to keep Adams fit first though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Adams becomes the high defender up field to mark the kick ins. Then hopefully use his long kicking to effect. The one thing he shouldn't do is handball.

11. Likes bulldogtragic, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Maybe Adams becomes the high defender up field to mark the kick ins. Then hopefully use his long kicking to effect. The one thing he shouldn't do is handball.
    Or dinky kicks across the ground, inevitably to disadvantage.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or dinky kicks across the ground, inevitably to disadvantage.
    Richmond were excellent this year with moving the ball directly forward and quickly and I agree that Adams could be a great option with his long kicking. Hopefully the coaches can get him into that mindset.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Richmond were excellent this year with moving the ball directly forward and quickly and I agree that Adams could be a great option with his long kicking. Hopefully the coaches can get him into that mindset.
    With Schache and Boyd being tall targets you would think long is the go to put pressure on the opposition defence. It's really weird having so many tall options at the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the important part is we'd want no more than 3 talls who aren't great at the ground level defensive pressure.

So that's Boyd, Roughead/whatever main ruck and Trengrove.

Hopefully guys like Adams Cordy Young Schache Naughton etc are mobile enough that we don't lose much on the ground by playing them.

3 might be an arbitrary number but I figure more than 1 in any part of the ground and the defensive pressure starts to wane.

Post Thanks / Like

With Schache and Boyd being tall targets you would think long is the go to put pressure on the opposition defence. It's really weird having so many tall options at the Dogs.
    Don't tell me we've recruited to reward the panicked roost!

We've long been masters at getting it off, but never had the personnel ahead of the pill to reward it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Don't tell me we've recruited to reward the panicked roost!

We've long been masters at getting it off, but never had the personnel ahead of the pill to reward it.
    Yes it was needs base recruiting not on best available. If you can't stop the roost, cater for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone see the footage from match simulation on the sunshine coast where Adams out marks Schache. Adams is such a great judge of the ball in the air.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did. It was a thing of beauty.