Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  39
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Adams - 3 year deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Yeah - At least one brain-fade a game at present. Hopefully he can eliminate it and he can recapture his consistency in his debut rounds last year!
    Remember a Brian Harris having brain fades early on too. He turned ok

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Early on? He averaged a couple a game his entire career.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

3. Likes bornadog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Adams reminds me a little of Rance in his early years, prone to overestimating time and space and coughing the ball up in bad spots. With time, those brain fades should ease.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Adams reminds me a little of Rance in his early years, prone to overestimating time and space and coughing the ball up in bad spots. With time, those brain fades should ease.
    It's when he hesitates, and looks around for an option, then trys to handball or go for the short kick - he has given away a lot of goals.

I think he is getting better all the time, and we must remember he has played 20 games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not surprising in todays footy climate, but I was shocked when a premiership player left a month after winning a premiership with us. I'm a Neanderthal, footy to me was always about loyalty but I know this is just a residual ideology from a distant youth I haven't been able to shake emotionally. It's weird given the amount of absolute stars we lost to other clubs in the 70/80s, but I just thought that if Hamling went after winning a flag anyone can go, and I was very shaky on Adams.

I think for Freo it was Hamling or Adams (I'm sure they would have both), but wouldn't be surprised to hear they weren't prepared to throw a 20 game player a heap of money and a long term deal. West Coast has the Adams type covered with Yeo / Barrass. Who knows how into him they were.

It's smart from our perspective because we are light on for his size and skill set but its mutually beneficial as he secures his medium term future. Win-win. I like that it also tells the competition that our strong culture is facilitating the retention of our list.

Now we just need to lock JJ away.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes G-Mo77, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great re-signing. Like others I thought he was gone. Also was in favour of moving him on if he had no intention of staying. Glad I was wrong on both fronts. He is a player we can build our long term defence around. With others like Cordy and Roberts we have the mainstays of our back line. Still would like to sign one more quality tall defender.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact he signed for three years rather has two is also a positive. It suggests he is keen to stay and may sign a further contract when it comes up.

The comparison with Rance is a good one. He was pretty shaky early in his career and Adams has some of his attributes.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody oath!! super pumped over this news.

He's a very important player in the team at present.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Bloody oath!! super pumped over this news.

He's a very important player in the team at present.
    Particularly with Hamling not around anymore and in the future Morris won't be there he has become very important. He has been very decent this year in the haves his played. Still has improvement in him but he is on the right track. Good to have him on board.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!! His flexibility to be able to play forward adds to his value. I was concerned after his injuries last year he might feel a bit left out. This is a great indication the club and players are making him feel right at home.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any know how Collins is tracking? Was there a reason he was left for so long in the draft when he was expected to go early?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Any know how Collins is tracking? Was there a reason he was left for so long in the draft when he was expected to go early?
    I doubt he'll make it. Hes slow, immobile and his disposal isnt great.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I doubt he'll make it. Hes slow, immobile and his disposal isnt great.
    It's odd because we knew that but we still took him early and was surprised we got him. I wonder what else he has that attracted us. Maybe we thought he would slim down and pick up a yard of pace. He seems the Nathan Brown type of defender to me and maybe we see him as insurance against a (potentially) brittle Adams.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rance comparison is a good one although Adams has naturally better hands in the air and is a longer kick. The rest is very similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Was always confident he'd stay. I was never under the impression he asked to be traded as such, but rather he put it to the club that if it helped them out he was happy to go. It sounds like the same thing but it's not. Very pleased he has signed up, he is just about the best key position player on our list.

The only downside to this is we now have to witness him play in at least 3 more pre-season campaigns. What horrors will we witness?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

21. Likes always right, hujsh, boydogs, Raw Toast liked this post