Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  34
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 18, 2017 vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Be nice if he made the most of those opportunities..A small forward who has kicked 1.9 in 5 games is going to have a short shelf life.
    An insight into what his role was. Us supporters just expect him to be a tackling small forward and kicking goals.

We forget he has only played 12 games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Be nice if he made the most of those opportunites..A small forward who has kicked 1.9 in 5 games is going to have a short shelf life.
    We could be looking at him so differently if he was even just 5.5.

He seems like is having constant nearly games. I'm prepared to give him the rest of the season

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge game for both sides, Rocket needs a win to hopefully get an extension and we need to see if this could be the spark we need.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Cloke, Wood

Out: Stringer, Williams

No way that Wood doesn't/shouldn't come back in if he's fit. Our defence looked cohesive sure, but we were playing Carlton, who notably do not currently have Tom Lynch or Peter Wright under contract.

Honeychurch gets another week to show us he can't play before losing his spot to a hopefully rejuvenated Dickson. I'm not thrilled about playing Cloke but our hand is kind of being forced.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I started my live viewing experience looking for the things Honey couldn't do on Sunday and boy he didn't disappoint. That intercepted kick, plus the punch at half forward instead of marking or halving the contest had me going rampant pretty early.

But, after being so bloody annoyed the next two or so quarters showed me why I have actually had faith in him to now. Here's an interesting set of numbers that need to be taken with a grain of salt other than thinking - if Honey could kick a bit straighter how would they look?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/f...&fid1=O&fid2=O
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I started my live viewing experience looking for the things Honey couldn't do on Sunday and boy he didn't disappoint. That intercepted kick, plus the punch at half forward instead of marking or halving the contest had me going rampant pretty early.

But, after being so bloody annoyed the next two or so quarters showed me why I have actually had faith in him to now. Here's an interesting set of numbers that need to be taken with a grain of salt other than thinking - if Honey could kick a bit straighter how would they look?

Thanks J, Very similar numbers. We expect a lot of some players who have had very little experience.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I like him but if he doesnt improve his goalkicking he will be delisted.

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like Honey has been around for ages but we often forget he's only 22. Those numbers aren't exactly impressive, not bad either, but the one that does stand out as you say is his scoring attempts per game. At least he is hitting the scoreboard.

I suppose this becomes a list management discussion. Because we need to make minimum 4? changes at year end. He's towards the bottom of the pecking order but with a number of retirements (2 or maybe 3) he might get another year at it to prove his worth

Post Thanks / Like

According to Mark Stevens, Redpath in doubt with a hip issue.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    With Wood coming back maybe we see Young switched forward? It would be very tough to drop him after such a good game, but who else do you drop from the backline? On form its Murph, but one game back you can't really do that. Williams played well too. Finally we have 'good' selection problems. Bevo did mention the side is likely to be as unchanged as possible which indicates we're unlikely to see omissions.

Perhaps:

IN: Cloke, Wood
    OUT: Redpath, Stringer

Then Murph swings forward?

Post Thanks / Like

Murph might be rested with the game in Darwin.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson also a chance to come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    According to Bevo Redpath is going up.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    According to Bevo Redpath is going up.
    If I were Redpath I would insist on going up regardless of whether he is going to play or not, simply to escape to the warm weather for a couple of days!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    We could be looking at him so differently if he was even just 5.5.

He seems like is having constant nearly games. I'm prepared to give him the rest of the season
    Me too. That Kruezer run down, link through the middle kick to Picken and then mark off the boot of Redpath for a goal was stirring stuff.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.