Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  44
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 21, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I would love to see Clay on Toby Greene , bet he doesn't mouth off and give cheap shots with Clay smashing him at every opportunity.
    Sadly the way Clay is going he would need a 30 metre pole to smash him.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clay is a shadow of his former self at the moment. The opposition must be hoping we select him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Clay is a shadow of his former self at the moment. The opposition must be hoping we select him.
    Surely they can not select Clay. They will have a feast running of him.

Post Thanks / Like

My concern not bringing in Fletcher or Collins we are relying on Cordy, Young & Biggs to perform lock down roles. Our mobile defense is missing two key pillars Wood who can float and zone off and our number one lock down defender in Morris.

The more I think about it Easton Wood is our most important player from a structure perspective. He can play so many different roles as defender which has a massive flow on effect on how we structure up in defense, mids and forward.

Fingers crossed Patton doesn't play or they play Lobb as number one ruck.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're asking for a bit of trouble bringing in Roberts, but asking for a whole lot of trouble leaving him out........if that makes sense!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought bringing in Roberts in last year's prelim was going to be a disaster yet he somehow went up a level. I'd be reasonably confident he can do it again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I thought bringing in Roberts in last year's prelim was going to be a disaster yet he somehow went up a level. I'd be reasonably confident he can do it again.
    The best thing he did in the prelim was in the last 2 minutes when he slammed the ball on his foot to get it out of their F50 and gain us some ground and time. Other than that, he went the punch all day.

We probably don't have much choice, but will depend on who GWS play.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The best thing he did in the prelim was in the last 2 minutes when he slammed the ball on his foot to get it out of their F50 and gain us some ground and time. Other than that, he went the punch all day.

We probably don't have much choice, but will depend on who GWS play.
    Don't think I'll ever forget the 180 turn he did coming out of defence in the 1st quarter of that game. Demonstrated someone confident, probably from playing the previous weeks at VFL level instead of getting slammed by Kennedy & Gunston.

He's not anywhere near that form - encouraging to hear he kicked two in the last quarter on the weekend, but our forward line's full.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Last year he had MBoyd, Morris, Hamling & Wood in the back 6 to assist & instruct.. He's been left to fight his own battles this year and has been left floundering.

I hope if he comes in he can with more confidence and aggression, but I won't be holding my breathe.

Post Thanks / Like

Roberts is a player who relies on those around him to play well. This allows him to simply play a defensive role with support from teammates. When our defence is under the pump and he is left one out to win contests, he struggles.

I think he could be needed against GWS but I'm concerned that he will be left one out too often with the absence of Wood.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Last year he had MBoyd, Morris, Hamling & Wood in the back 6 to assist & instruct.. He's been left to fight his own battles this year and has been left floundering.

I hope if he comes in he can with more confidence and aggression, but I won't be holding my breathe.
    Yeah, that's a good point. He does seem the type that needs plenty of hand holding.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's a good point. He does seem the type that needs plenty of hand holding.
    We have Suckling with over 100 games to support him Everyone else is inexperienced in the backline - unless Bob goes back there
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We have Suckling with over 100 games to support him Everyone else is inexperienced in the backline - unless Bob goes back there
    We need the backline to stand up but I think the game will be won in the middle. GWS best 4 players last week were all onballers. They streamed down the ground and kicked goals too.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't like playing guys just because of their position. If Cameron was playing, I would bring in Fletch out of pure need but I don't think we need to play him.

Talls wise, they have Patton and Lobb. Looked at time on ground numbers. Cordy and Young both average more TOG minutes than Patton. Lobb will also spend about 20% of the game offering ruck relief.

Post Thanks / Like

God help us all

17. Likes bornadog liked this post