Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers And Anchors - Round 21, 2017 vs GWS Giants

This is the round 21, 2017 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against GWS Giants is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Optional: New addition to the Bankers and Anchors Banchors 3 players we thought who were in the middle in how they went in the game neither a Banker or Anchor.

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers And Anchors - Round 21, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

B

Cloke - Thought his ruck time was more effective. Our most dangerous looking forward, with shit delivery he's fighting...
    Bonts - If Wallace 'The List Manager' doesn't have you in, then he's a very bad list manager.
    Dale - The boy is clean, off the ground and by foot.

A

Young. Sorry son, but hopefully you're better for this mare.
    Toby Greene and all the knobs defending him.
    Suckling. Seems to be making decisions as if concussed.
    Goal kicking. But the club don't care, so hey, whatever.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

B.
    Bontempli- this ball handle skills are amazing and kept us in the game in the first half
    Cloke- workhorse like performance. Took some important marks
    We won insid 50s 64 to 34

A
    FIX OUR KICKING a please!!!!! It's exasperating and starting to affect our reliable goal kickers like Dickson . Why would you hand off to suckling is beyond me
    Greene-'put him away for 6 weeks
    Commentary- it's pathetic . They were trying to justify Greene thuggery as fair
    Where is the midfield to help Bonts? Jong has been missed.
    YOung - put game behind you learn and get better from it. But not then only one who had a shocker.
    Last edited by macca; 12-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

B
    Bont and McLean were excellent but received zero support from their fellow midfielders.
    Sedond quarter, whilst wasteful, was the bulldogs of 2016.
    Loved Murph's goal.

A
    Lewis Young....had the sort of game that would make him realise this is not an easy caper.
    Libba a shadow of his former self and Wallis has had a good return from injury but he was irrelevant tonight. Hate seeing him one out up forward.
    Our lack of conversion up forward. Embarrassing that we could only score one goal in a half of football.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

B- The Bont is carrying the team
    - Dale Morris isn't human
    - thought Cloke battled hard
    A- the lack of support for Marcus . I'm really annoyed at Tom Liberatore's lack of condition . He looks like a suburban footballer
    - the pathetic conversion
    - the pathetic rabble like forward entries

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Bont - just a great player

Dickson - great seeing him get a few

Dale - He has had a good year

Anchors:

Young - cannot be too hard on him only a kid played a few games but the turnovers did cost us

Hunter - gets a lot of it but mucks around with it a bit too much

Our efficiency inside 50 needs to be reviewed - 65 to 34 inside 50s in our favour lose by 8 goals not good enough.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 12-08-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

No way I'm giving an anchor to a kid that's played a handful of games, playing deep defence in the most inexperienced back line in the league. He had a horror night but didn't stop trying to the end and that's all you can ask. He'll be better for the experience.

There were at least half a dozen of his more experienced mates that need the blow torch applied before Young gets it (I'm looking at you Libba, Wallis, Picken, Stringer, Suckling, Redpath etc). Some of the most disheartening football I've seen from these players.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Remi Moses, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

* The Bont's foot skills and decision making - superb.

* Cloke's 50metre snap and goal off one step

*Vintage Murphs goal, that was a ripper

Anchors

* Greene's, gutless dog act lifting his foot to stop the tackle from Dhal

* The stupid Supporter pouring beer over Greene

* the smugness of Patton and Lobbe - god I hate those blokes - playing on an 18 year old kid and acting so superior.

Massive Anchor

* Not taking our chances with all the inside 50s and the 3rd quarter where we lost the match.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No way I'm giving an anchor to a kid that's played a handful of games, playing deep defence in the most inexperienced back line in the league. He had a horror night but didn't stop trying to the end and that's all you can ask. He'll be better for the experience.

There were at least half a dozen of his more experienced mates that need the blow torch applied before Young gets it (I'm looking at you Libba, Wallis, Picken, Stringer, Suckling, Redpath etc). Some of the most disheartening football I've seen from these players.
    I gave Young an anchor although it really didn't want to but in saying that he'll learn a lot from this experience. He will be a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Crowd turnout. Over 30k there with the opposition providing about 300 only.
    2. Team effort for keeping the AEFL's baby to 34 inside 50's. It must have been a real focus knowing how undermanned we were down back.
    3. Bont's pass to Dahl inside 50.

Banchor

Limiting Lobb and Patterns aerial dominance after a horror 2 minutes in the first quarter. It was starting to look scary. We eventually leaked goals but it wasn't from those 2 pricks so much

Anchors

1. Wallis and Libba. 9 @56% efficiency and 10 @61% efficiency disposals respectively. Wallis zero touches after half time. They were often at centre bounces and around stoppages. Disgraceful numbers for 2 of senior midfielders.

2. Redpath. If you are going to turn your back from goal when your 55 metres from goal you had better make sure you kick the goal.

3. Kicking. Our foot skills are below AFL standard in the forward half only. Out of defense we are alright. It's also the set up, game plan or what ever you want to call it going into our forward half. It needs to be sorted out but the horse may have already bolted.
    Last edited by ratsmac; 12-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Bontempelli
    2 McLean
    3 Biggs

Anchors
    1 Goal kicking
    2 Field kicking
    3 Commentators - doing their best to whitewash a tip rat's act.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Suckling was BOG according to WB Social Media
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Suckling was BOG according to WB Social Media
    Watching a different game to me.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bankers

* The Bont's foot skills and decision making - superb.

* Cloke's 50metre snap and goal off one step

*Vintage Murphs goal, that was a ripper

Anchors

* Greene's, gutless dog act lifting his foot to stop the tackle from Dhal

* The stupid Supporter pouring beer over Greene

* the smugness of Patton and Lobbe - god I hate those blokes - playing on an 18 year old kid and acting so superior.

Massive Anchor

* Not taking our chances with all the inside 50s and the 3rd quarter where we lost the match.
    Dissapointing to hear about the beer incident. Sure we all were very upset last night as we should have been but if they find who it was then the individual might be in a bit of trouble.