Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 22, 2017 vs Port Adelaide

Dicko' goal and Murphy's goal were highlights in the first half. Murph' goal was great. He battled hard.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There's showing faith and then there's gifting games. We have to win next week and Young was really, really awful last night.

Suckling was good last night and calls to drop him are unfair.

In: JJ, Collins

Out: Libba, Young

If Moz can go he comes in instead of Collins.
    Young hasn't been gifted games and last night there were 3 or 4 examples of when he took the game on it worked really well for us.
    I don't want to see him become a 'safe' player just yet because we need to encourage guys with some flair in our back line.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Young hasn't been gifted games and last night there were 3 or 4 examples of when he took the game on it worked really well for us.
    I don't want to see him become a 'safe' player just yet because we need to encourage guys with some flair in our back line.
    I felt sorry for Young after those mistakes, his confidence looked shot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    In JJ
    Out Wallis, alas couldn't get near it against GWS.

A lot of gloom on here when perhaps the main problem is goalkicking inaccuracy is and I think demoralises the team not to mention supporters.

Young stays, a real talent. Roberts has done nothing that I can see to warrant a return.
    Was speaking to my mate about Roberts and he reckons we should have played him last night and it was a bad decision by the match committee. We were really undersized down back he reckons Roberts would have provided more of a contest.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I felt sorry for Young after those mistakes, his confidence looked shot.
    It was a bad one for Lewis last night but he will learn from it. Since his debut he has done many good things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    It was a bad one for Lewis last night but he will learn from it. Since his debut he has done many good things.
    I like Young, and can't blame an 18 year old kid up against players with more Kilos on them.
    Last edited by bornadog; 12-08-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: was wrong post

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You mean at least 3 that resulted in direct goals.
    BAD, I don't quite get your response to Easty?

Post Thanks / Like

BAD, I don't quite get your response to Easty?
    Sorry, I have quoted the wrong post.

Adjusted post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Lewis would have had a spell after the Brisbane game as he looked cooked then. Let him play 2's for the rest of the year and get back his confidence. We know he can play.

10. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Can't believe the calls to drop Suckling. I am no fan of his but he was one of our best last night.

I wanted us to go in short down back but I/MC were wrong. Young was poor but I would not drop him as he was played out of position. His role is closer to Biggs' than it is a true KP defender. He needs to play in that looser 3 role.
    Agreed with your view on Suckling. Picken hasn't exactly set the world on fire. His year has been very ordinary and he seems to dodge the bullets that Suckling gets. Picken set his standard high over the past 2 - 3 years but has not delivered this year. Libber and Wallis in that category as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Agreed with your view on Suckling. Picken hasn't exactly set the world on fire. His year has been very ordinary and he seems to dodge the bullets that Suckling gets. Picken set his standard high over the past 2 - 3 years but has not delivered this year. Libber and Wallis in that category as well.
    Picko was great 3 weeks ago kicking 6 although against a depleted Suns. Maybe he could play a bit more forward. I would keep Adams in defence as someone mentioned in another thread he could go forward as he looked very good down there earlier in the season.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 12-08-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

He would be gifted a game if he got one next week. Has to be dropped.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He would be gifted a game if he got one next week. Has to be dropped.
    I was calling for him to be managed 2 weeks back but now there are potential just 2 weeks to go.
    I still don't agree he would be gifted a game if selected but I agree it's a close call. We should be able to find him a better match-up though

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Young is way ahead of Roberts both now and on potential and Collins is unproven at AFL level although I can't make a call on his VFL form and he could well be considered to play on Dixon. I like Young even more in that he has a bit of grunt (remember him being into Hooker ?) and was right onto the thug after the Dalhaus incident.

Post Thanks / Like

From Bevo's press conference;

The Dogs could be boosted by the return of Dale Morris from his arm injury next week, while speedster Jason Johannisen could also be available after missing two games with a hamstring issue. Mitch Honeychurch is recovering from illness.

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post