Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eleanor Street Guest

Re: Dogs the worst they’ve been under bevo: Watson

I think a post premiership year is always going to be difficult. It just goes to show how good teams are that go back to back, but it is rare. Many teams don't come back from a grand final loss! Our game plan is relatively simple. It is not hard to work out that we are going to attempt to handball out of a pack and that if our players in that pack are covered, a turn over is imminent. The good sides and coaches have all worked that out, hence their high tackle counts against us. All teams bring their best game against the premiers. The boys (and a lot of them are boys) have not had an easy game all years. It must be very taxing. The game plan will have to change or develop but that is hard to do mid season. We don't seem to have a B plan. Let us not forget also that Bevo and in fact the entire coaching team a relatively inexperienced and must be scratching their heads at the moment. My main concern is the players losing faith in the plan and might be a bit unsettled by the changes in the side and the fear of who might be next. They still seem to put in every week (apart from last week) and it might be time to just let them settle down. Get some games in Red. Bring back Libba.

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to disagree with that. We were really bad on Thursday. It was very unlike us. What was dissapointing was our mids not working hard enough. 71-39 inside 50s not great reading. We need to address the ruck issue as well. Got absolutely killed in the clearances. Something has got to change to get us out of this slump and maybe having a loss like we did Thursday might put some spirit and energy back in our side that was serious lacking on Thursday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember feeling as frustrated or angry walking out of the ground after throwing away a ten goal lead to St Kilda last year. That's my worst loss under Bevo.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Topdog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here here I left the St.Kilda game completely disillusioned.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

That was 2015.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That was 2015.

Still under Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I can't remember feeling as frustrated or angry walking out of the ground after throwing away a ten goal lead to St Kilda last year. That's my worst loss under Bevo.
    Watching Clay do his 3rd knee on a stretcher and the players around him at half time waiting for Clay to be taken off and Picken have a shot at goal on the siren, didn't help at all. I was almost crying and I am sure the players were too, and down in the dumps in the rooms. Shocking night that one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watching Clay do his 3rd knee on a stretcher and the players around him at half time waiting for Clay to be taken off and Picken have a shot at goal on the siren, didn't help at all. I was almost crying and I am sure the players were too, and down in the dumps in the rooms. Shocking night that one.
    We haven't had the best run with traumatising injuries against StKilda have we?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I get what you hear but surely the best way to honour your teammate is to go out and smash the opposition in the second half? I can never understand why we went into our shells that day. Then again I get angry not upset.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I get what you hear but surely the best way to honour your teammate is to go out and smash the opposition in the second half? I can never understand why we went into our shells that day. Then again I get angry not upset.
    I don't think I've ever seen you angry...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen you angry...
    Hehe. No. Of course not

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Watson was wrong about the game being the worst loss under Bevo. Take that Watson.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think that today was the game "that we had to lose" in order to just remind the boys that a follow-on Premiership will have to be earned the hard way. Behind us the difference between us and the 16th team on the ladder is only three games.

It's all about keeping our perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I think that today was the game "that we had to lose" in order to just remind the boys that a follow-on Premiership will have to be earned the hard way. Behind us the difference between us and the 16th team on the ladder is only three games.

It's all about keeping our perspective.
    That should have been last week.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That should have been last week.
    Agree, but also a few supporters need a reality check too. The competition is very close this year and we should accept nothing as 'given'.