Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  93
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba

Liberatore aiming for Round 1 return

After being forced to watch from the sidelines last season, Tom Liberatore is ready to attack 2019.
    The premiership midfielder, who ruptured his ACL in the opening minutes of the Dogs’ 2018 campaign, is making the most of being back in full training and match practice.

All going well over the next two months, he’s targeting a Round 1 return.

“My knee’s going well,” Liberatore told westernbuldogs.com.au from the club’s pre-season camp in Mooloolaba.
    “I’ve been back into full training since the end of December, early January.

“I think so - I’ll be ready to go (for Round 1). I’m good to go now, so I’ll just make sure I have good prep from now until then and I’ll be good to go.

“I’m excited to get around a bunch of new players, because we’ve had a few changes, and just excited to get out there and play again.”

Going through the same injury and rehabilitation process previously – in 2015, to his opposite knee – has helped the 26-year-old this time.

“I think it helps that I’ve done it before,” Liberatore said.
    “Having this prep this time around, having played a few games against ourselves and getting that duration of match practice under my belt (helps).

“There’s similar challenges.

“The repetitiveness of rehab can sometimes get a bit monotonous, but it’s been a bit smoother this time having the previous experience.”

This is the fifth consecutive year the Dogs have held a training camp in Mooloolaba, which wraps up this week.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see some enthusiasm from Libba. Seems to think he is ready to go now which is huge for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It's like recruiting one of the best ball extractors in the competition. We are such a better team with Libba in it because he brings other players into the play. For instance Mitch Wallis is a much better player with Tom alongside him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's like recruiting one of the best ball extractors in the competition. We are such a better team with Libba in it because he brings other players into the play. For instance Mitch Wallis is a much better player with Tom alongside him.
    My recollection is that Mitch has played his best footy when Tom has been sidelined.

Super excited that Tom gets back to his best.. the footy world forgets how good he is.

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    My recollection is that Mitch has played his best footy when Tom has been sidelined.
    I think there is a fair argument to say that is correct. The difference now might be because Wallis could play more as a forward.

I'm not sure both of them in the middle for long periods is what we want.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think there is a fair argument to say that is correct. The difference now might be because Wallis could play more as a forward.

I'm not sure both of them in the middle for long periods is what we want.
    Agreed.

Having Mitch free to drift forward, where he can easily slip under the radar and do some damage, is a massively understated benefit of Libba's return.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear.

Hoping for a big season for Libba. I hope to discuss many great games on WOOF this year with Libba right up there as one of our most solid contributors.

Finally got around at the family day this year to get his autograph.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if he'll regret this in 40 years time....
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

12. Likes Twodogs, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Most people with tattoos will

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I got my first tattoo in 1989 and have no regrets. Nobody I know with them has ever said "geez I wish that I'd never got these" I guess that you either like them or you don't.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my first tattoo in 1989 and have no regrets. Nobody I know with them has ever said "geez I wish that I'd never got these" I guess that you either like them or you don't.
    Not a tattoo person myself but each to themselves.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

So you don't know Jake Stringer then?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Libba, stay weird.

Jeez I can't wait to see him back in amongst it. We've been deprived of his influence for too long.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I don't imagine squeaky-voiced teen is one of the more popular Simpsons tattoos.

22. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post