Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  93
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Great news to hear. Would've preferred 2 years but beggars can't be chooses.

Liked his quote, "“I’m as motivated as I ever have been to make sure I do my bit for the team and help us improve next year.”"
    Yeah, but the communications team clearly misspelt it according to how he said it!

You either love his sense of humour or don’t really get him, it seems. I love it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Scraggers, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And, imagine 2020 if we could engineer Tom & Olly Liberatore on the list. Would be great romance even further.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Make it count Libba.

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with this news; like others I would have preferred two years but totally get why its one year (for both club and Tom).
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

By signing a 1 year deal I believe that Tom has now foregone his 'free agency' status for 2019/2020. If another Club wants him at end of 2019 they will have to trade with us for him, or of course Tom can nominate for the Draft.

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY.

His market value wouldn't ever have been lower so it's in both his interest and the club's to see where they're at a year from now.

Hopefully he roars back with a vengeance, and that form trajectory mirrors the club's.

I'm more excited by this than anything that transpired during the trade period. Moar motovated even too.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes Eastdog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was watching the video associated with his re-signing and realised he can't have done much media as I had no idea how he talked and didn't sound the way I was expecting. Not good or bad, just feels like his voice doesn't match his face for some reason, might just be me.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he looked a bit drawn (loss of weight) in the face in the Bulldog website interview - was surprised a bit.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Good luck to Libba in 2019. Hope for a strong pre season and great 2019.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    I thought he looked a bit drawn (loss of weight) in the face in the Bulldog website interview - was surprised a bit.
    Definitely thinner. Not sure about drawn.

He’s fluctuated a bit in his career though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He text me too. Was gonna see if he wants to head out and celebrate the re-signing.

14. Likes jeemak, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In case you forgot how elite Libba is:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In case you forgot how elite Libba is:

Goal kicking mid ��
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

This bloke is a jet. So glad he's with us in 2019 and not the likes of Essendon or Carlton, both of whom are actually desperate for someone with Libba's skillset.

I think he will show the footy community just how good he is in 2019. His clearance work in the 2016 finals series is the stuff of legend.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I love Libba. Almost as much as I loved his Dad. Just want to see him fit and enjoying his footy again, we will benefit greatly.