Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  93
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba - 'Non Injury Related’

Libba should be in our team because he is a tough in and under midfielder who needs opposition attention or he is a matchwinner for us. Opposition teams need to assign one or two of their players to Libba and this frees up other members of our team. Surely the match committee recognise this!! Bring back Libba!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba

I have the feeling Libba is not the sort of guy who will respond to 'tough love' as Jake and Jack Macrae did. I guess we don't really know what's going on but he seems so essential to our team that I'm hoping to see his name in the list for this really crucial game.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Is Libba at his optimal peak to play senior Footy after coming back to preseason under done.
    I agree with the OP, he must be back this week. He is averaging 21 disposals at VFL level and as TBT says, he is not going to respond with much more playing in the twos.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a very important player. I hope he gets his form back soon. We need a few others to find some form back Bonti, Picken, Hunter. We just need a spark from somewhere.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is Libba at his optimal peak to play senior Footy after coming back to preseason under done.
    I agree with the OP, he must be back this week. He is averaging 21 disposals at VFL level and as TBT says, he is not going to respond with much more playing in the twos.
    I think you are giving him credit he might not deserve.
    Essentially you seem to be saying he's too proud to respond to being dropped to the twos for much longer but he clearly wasn't proud enough to come back from his break in peak condition. He's been regarded as one of the hardest workers on the track since he arrived at the club and as much as I'd like to have him back in the line up this week I'll go with the MC on this one. He needs to have done the work

Those images of Liberatore playing football in Vietnam and the fact that we now find out since his omission that he came back a long way underdone doesn't paint a good picture of how much he's slipped back. It's hard to imagine a player with his reputation of being a hard trainer still hasn't caught up by the mid way mark of the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Great post . Nailed it

Post Thanks / Like

Such an important game coming up and we need our best players out there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That's true, but our best players have to be playing decent footy, and have the fitness to play their role .
    Tom clearly hasn't rocked up in good enough shape for the season .
    Not good enough for a professional sportsman .

Post Thanks / Like

According to Bevo Honey and Webb are in front of Libba. Whether he has decided who plays who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    According to Bevo Honey and Webb are in front of Libba. Whether he has decided who plays who knows.
    That was prior to the VFL game was it not? I believe he had Honey, Webb and Libba in that order. From VFL reports it seems like Webb whilst Libba seemed to do a bit more than Honey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    That was prior to the VFL game was it not? I believe he had Honey, Webb and Libba in that order. From VFL reports it seems like Webb whilst Libba seemed to do a bit more than Honey.
    Not sure. Was it at his presser after the game against Sydney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Not sure. Was it at his presser after the game against Sydney?
    no his presser before the Sydney game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    no his presser before the Sydney game.
    Ok thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Does that mean you think Libba should play?

It's not a club imposed suspension for off-field behaviour, it's purely on form and output that he is not getting games

I want him to get back to his best and get back into the team because we could really use him
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Does that mean you think Libba should play?

It's not a club imposed suspension for off-field behaviour, it's purely on form and output that he is not getting games

I want him to get back to his best and get back into the team because we could really use him
    I think it would be good if he did play. Big game coming up and his stats were quite good in the VFL last Friday night.