Collingwood v Port Adelaide MCG 1.45pm

Brisbane v GWS Gabba 4.35pm

Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

West Coast Eagles v Melbourne Domain Stadium 7.40pm

Sunday June 25

Geelong v Fremantle Simonds Stadium 1.10pm

Richmond v Carlton MCG 3.20pm

St Kilda v Gold Coast Etihad Stadium 4.40pm
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 14, 2017 Discussion

Adelaide are in trouble at home against the Hawks.

Hawthorn seem to have all the running and Adelaide are blowing their chances. Betts' miss was a bad one and Poppy made them pay.

This season gets weirder and weirder.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. My. God. Adelaide must be about to explode with fear that the sky is going to fall down on them after the Chicken Littling some of us were indulging themselves in last weekend...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Comprehensive beating down structure wise in the last twenty minutes.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that it has been a bit much seeing the mic'd up Hodge footage 4 or 5 times now - but it is an incredible insight.
    In a frantic sport - pretty amazing that Hodge has such a great hold on what the opposition is trying to do, what his team mates are doing/need to do better - and all the while playing the game himself. I guess that's why he has been such a great player and influence on that team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I know that it has been a bit much seeing the mic'd up Hodge footage 4 or 5 times now - but it is an incredible insight.
    In a frantic sport - pretty amazing that Hodge has such a great hold on what the opposition is trying to do, what his team mates are doing/need to do better - and all the while playing the game himself. I guess that's why he has been such a great player and influence on that team.
    I wonder who does that for us? Great on field coaching for the young players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Murph.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to have a beer with him even more now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn showing up Adelaide's lack of midfield options tonight. Sloane tagged hard.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is an odd year. Usually there are 3 or 4 teams who win a handful of games or less. This year, at R13 Hawthorn are sitting 16th (potentially 17th) at 5-8. The lack of hopeless teams is really unusual and probably a pretty good result for all of the AFEL's efforts to have an even competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I'm sure that M.Boyd, Murphy, Woody, Morris and Bont all do that to a certain extent. But its hard for me to imagine that anyone in the game would be equal to Hodge in that regard. He makes them a significantly better team and will be a big hole when he retires.

Post Thanks / Like

This may not be very popular, but I wouldn't mind offering Hodge an assistant coaching role for next year. He clearly reads the game really well, understands it very well, has an intensity about everything he does, drives standards (and drives over .05) and has an insight about winning a premiership early, falling off the next year and what a playing group needs to do to get back quickly to get more success. I think he can play the 'bad cop' role that Montgomery used to play within the coaching group, a seemingly important dimension. He obviously goes way back with Bevo too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This may not be very popular, but I wouldn't mind offering Hodge an assistant coaching role for next year. He clearly reads the game really well, understands it very well, has an intensity about everything he does, drives standards (and drives over .05) and has an insight about winning a premiership early, falling off the next year and what a playing group needs to do to get back quickly to get more success. I think he can play the 'bad cop' role that Montgomery used to play within the coaching group, a seemingly important dimension. He obviously goes way back with Bevo too.
    I don't know why your suggestion would be unpopular. He would be the first ex-player I'd be going after if and when he retires.

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why your suggestion would be unpopular. He would be the first ex-player I'd be going after if and when he retires.
    Good to have an allie. I don't think he's popular with many posters on Woof.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good to have an allie. I don't think he's popular with many posters on Woof.
    Yeah, well people will have their digs at him being a rough player, and having a drink driving indiscretion.
    I've 'loved to hate' him as a player also.
    But in reality, he has been almost peerless in leading and influencing a football club to certain standards that have seen them be the most successful club in AFL history.