Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Footscray
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    More importantly in this interview, how about Ayce Corey's big win over Tory Dickson in the club table tennis championship? Bob spoke about how Ayce entered the whole tournament as favourite and of his all-round sports prowess.

    Do we sometimes forget how young Ayce is and what he could become?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good on Jake & Abby for calling out BS on everyone. Say what you will, but I like that Rebel Wilson called out BS and got a win, and I'm happy Jake & Abby (& Bob separately) called out BS too. The only way gutter journalism slows is by the targets calling it out. How the *!*!*!*! SEN werent sued over the 'Boyd glassing Cordy' shit they let to air astonishes me. Hopefully Boyd is just a little slow in retaining legal counsel.
    If I was Jake or JJ, I would have handled it a little bit differently.

    I would have waited until the next open training session, lined up against each other in match simulation, started a verbal argument, escalate it to a push and shove, have a heap of teammates run in to break it up, then turned to every camera gathered and yelled "Sucked in!!"

  3. Likes Twodogs, bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    8,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post
    Thanks for all the positive and supportive posts on this thread.
    Our team is going through a tough patch and attention-seeking scuttlebutters emerge with unsupported rumours, that are inflamed by inflated-ego lower B grade media "personalities".
    It's contributions like the above on this thread which contribute to a return of a positive "we can get through this" attitude, regardless of the current difficulties.
    How dare anyone contribute to Jake's, his family's or his mate's personal difficulties with innuendo or downright lies!
    Makes me absolutely mad that the media now make up stories with no basis or proof and run with it because they read it on some social media page.
    When are these people held responsible for the unnecessary pain they can cause ?
    They jump all over leaving players alone with a mental illness and how bad it is but they cause a lot of it ! Hypocrites of the highest order !
    Have we ever seen any of these journalists apologise for their crap when it's wrong ??
    Bring back the biff

  5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If I was Jake or JJ, I would have handled it a little bit differently.

    I would have waited until the next open training session, lined up against each other in match simulation, started a verbal argument, escalate it to a push and shove, have a heap of teammates run in to break it up, then turned to every camera gathered and yelled "Sucked in!!"


    Or they could recreate this.
    25 seconds in Stone (right) can be JJ and Parker Stringer.

  7. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac, WBFC4FFC liked this post
  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    19,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Dude
    Things are about to get pretty, pretty, pretty good.

  9. Likes ratsmac liked this post
  10. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Dude !!
    Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.

  11. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac liked this post
  12. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Parkville
    Posts
    895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    It's good to have a lawyer as president and be sponsored by a legal firm. I would be encouraging the club to sue SEN, the Ox and Big Footy for defamation.
    Footscray member since 1980.

  13. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    More importantly in this interview, how about Ayce Corey's big win over Tory Dickson in the club table tennis championship? Bob spoke about how Ayce entered the whole tournament as favourite and of his all-round sports prowess.

    Do we sometimes forget how young Ayce is and what he could become?
    Zaine?
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

    Bob Murphy

  14. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was talking about Hunter sticking his bib in but I agree, breakups are the worst. I can't imagine what playing one out through the media must be like.
    What did Hunter do?
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

    Bob Murphy

  15. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What did Hunter do?
    Bit of banter with stringer on Insta. Nothing in it

  16. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What did Hunter do?

    Bit of a snappy comeback on Instagram to a mention from Stringer. Stringer said something harmless and Lachie came back with "get a kick champ". As bulldoghruandthru said there doesn't look to be much in it though.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016




    I'm celebrating my love for you
    With a pint of beer and a new tattoo
    And if you haven't noticed yet
    I'm more impressionable when my cement is wet



    "Let's paint some cows"

  17. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
  18. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    7,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bit of a snappy comeback on Instagram to a mention from Stringer. Stringer said something harmless and Lachie came back with "get a kick champ". As bulldoghruandthru said there doesn't look to be much in it though.
    Nope, just young blokes having a dig at each other. Nothing to see here...
    "Happy days, Richo...happy bloody days!!!"

  19. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Nope, just young blokes having a dig at each other. Nothing to see here...

    Yeah I think so too.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016




    I'm celebrating my love for you
    With a pint of beer and a new tattoo
    And if you haven't noticed yet
    I'm more impressionable when my cement is wet



    "Let's paint some cows"

  20. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawforn
    Posts
    7,522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    I think it's important to acknowledge that as the captain of the club Murph needed to give a bit of a kick to the rumour mill.

    However, we have personnel and coaching issues that are hurting our performance this season.

    Personnel wise, we have not had any semblance of a properly manned forward line supported by a reasonably manned ruck or midfield division at the same time, throughout the entire year. On top of that issue, we haven't had a single forward to replace Dickson, it leads me to believe that Dalrymple needs to lift his game in that area. Can anyone name me a single specialist forward he's drafted?

    Our coaching this year has been deplorable. Half way through the season we can all see every single team is either mimicking the 2016 version of us, (but doing it better) or stopping us by staying hard on the second or third handball receive target. Did our coaching staff really believe this wasn't going to happen?

  21. Likes ratsmac liked this post
  22. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: “it’s a non-issue” – murphy on dogs infighting

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think it's important to acknowledge that as the captain of the club Murph needed to give a bit of a kick to the rumour mill.

    However, we have personnel and coaching issues that are hurting our performance this season.

    Personnel wise, we have not had any semblance of a properly manned forward line supported by a reasonably manned ruck or midfield division at the same time, throughout the entire year. On top of that issue, we haven't had a single forward to replace Dickson, it leads me to believe that Dalrymple needs to lift his game in that area. Can anyone name me a single specialist forward he's drafted?

    Our coaching this year has been deplorable. Half way through the season we can all see every single team is either mimicking the 2016 version of us, (but doing it better) or stopping us by staying hard on the second or third handball receive target. Did our coaching staff really believe this wasn't going to happen?
    Think thats a bit harsh on Dal. He would be instructed on the types of players the club requires. I think he's done a great job in identifying talent. Where i think we have been poor is trading and free agency. Apart from Tom Boyd and Crameri we haven't really brought in any external talent. Biggs i would argue was a delisted player. Why can't we attract players from other clubs? We've been very quiet the last 2 years especially.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •