Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  97
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The official 2017 TandT Who to Root for Thread

I reckon the Crows are cooked. They were awful tonight - so slow and conservative with their ball movement. Another signature big game from their captain against decent opposition - is there a bigger cat in the competition than Tex?

Bombers move the ball with speed and precision when they are allowed to do so.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I reckon the Crows are cooked. They were awful tonight - so slow and conservative with their ball movement. Another signature big game from their captain against decent opposition - is there a bigger cat in the competition than Tex?

I have seen Adelaide live quite a few times this year (and seen all of their other games on the box) and have been telling anyone who will listen all year that they are awful. They have hit a bunch of teams at the exact right moment and have somehow won a bunch when they have been far from the best team on the day (sort of the opposite to some of our early season results).

If they played ANYONE aside Gold Coast last week they would have lost. Lynch makes them a much better team (and they were actually much better tonight) but they are one paced through the midfield and have one Crouch too many. They’d be better off cashing one in for a draft pick they can use on a mid that only needs half the possessions but has genuine speed.

They have a bunch of quick, skilled small forwards (Stengle, Mcadam, McHenry) and Fogarty that cant get a game. Hopefully they have a sniff of finals right till the end of the year so they continue to not get a game and they all look elsewhere. We should definitely be into Fogarty at the end of the year and McHenry next year (only drafted last year).

Oh and Walker... ha. Terrible. He is so cooked it’s not funny but kicks three every four weeks (two of which are usually cheapies) and everyone thinks he is back. Watching him live he walks around and watches his opponent run off of him. He can’t take a mark above his head and rarely takes a contested mark. He is a faux tough guy that whacks people high and clips them while they run past and he even pushed someone into the post AGAIN (remember JJ?) I think it was last week. Should have been cited.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 20-07-2019 at 09:01 AM.

3. Likes 1eyedog, Sedat, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Per the coverage last night they're 7-8 with a percentage of 90-odd when you take out the wins against GC. Their midfield is one paced, they mitigate a good defence by using Hartigan as an honest-to-god key defender against opposition sides' most dangerous players, and their forward line appears to be willing to go down with the ship to keep Tex afloat.

I think they are talent deficient in some areas and too stubborn to overcome their own hubris around their structure.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Sedat liked this post