Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  97
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The official 2017 TandT Who to Root for Thread

There is still hope.

Win Friday night and next Sunday becomes the important day for us with results hopefully going our way.

Lose Friday night and it's 2017 over. 2018 here we come!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

That's a hard list to get enthused about. If I can muster any interest in watching any of them it would be may be the Saints. That's only because they have had it as hard as us.
    But I would like to hear GWS out in straight sets.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    That's a hard list to get enthused about. If I can muster any interest in watching any of them it would be may be the Saints. That's only because they have had it as hard as us.
    But I would like to hear GWS out in straight sets.
    GWS out in straight sets would be nice.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 20-08-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Amen brother. Order of not wanting them to be '17 premiers:
    Plastics
    Crows
    Geelong
    Dons

Sydney
    Port
    Eagles
    Melbourne
    Saints
    Tigers
    Surely the Druggies are second?

Why do we hate Geelong again? Aside from us losing against them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Chris Scott, Harry Taylor and Joel Selwood. Although they would be infinitely more preferable than GWS.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the Dogs rooting, I'd love to see this next week:

Geel beat GWS by a couple of goals or more - more likely than not at the Cattery
    Rich beat StK by any margin - more likely than not
    Swans to make up tiny % difference on Port and finish 5th - possible, both have easy games next week

If these things happen GWS will finish 4th and have to travel to Adel first up. If they lose they will likely cop the Swans in Sydney in week 2 - straight sets would be a nice outcome for those pricks.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Aside from the Dogs rooting, I'd love to see this next week:

Geel beat GWS by a couple of goals or more - more likely than not at the Cattery
    Rich beat StK by any margin - more likely than not
    Swans to make up tiny % difference on Port and finish 5th - possible, both have easy games next week

If these things happen GWS will finish 4th and have to travel to Adel first up. If they lose they will likely cop the Swans in Sydney in week 2 - straight sets would be a nice outcome for those pricks.
    That's not nice.

That's brilliant!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If results don't go our way next week anything that makes it harder for GWS is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the quadie odds are for:

Dogs, Freo, Adelaide, Richmond

I wouldn't take them. But if Dogs can sneak over Hawthorn, Adelaide & Richmond should win too then it's just Essendon vs Freo as the main game. Freo looked shit today, but maybe that gets used by Ross Lyon to fire them up next week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ghosts of '97 and their self-entitled fans make me not a fan of crows although I do like some of their players. Liked Geelong in their hay day, especially Bartel. Just think they've had enough success. Essendon - got a friend that is don's member and kind of feel sorry for some of their fans and like Joey Daniher a lot - reminds me of an unruly but loveable puppy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think my rooting is done for the year.
    Just before I woke up this morning I dreamt I looked over at the bedside table to see $100 bill and a note that said, "we will always have 2016,
    Love WB."
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I'm on the "AFL season finishes next Friday night" bandwagon. September is for MLB pennant races and the opening of the NFL and NCAA football seasons.
    Love baseball. Always have but I don't have a team, I like to root around a bit when it comes to baseball. Usually I pick a different team each year so I had better get into it. Monday morning NFL is pretty good too. I made an effort to understand NFL because my son was pretty keen for a while and now I'm hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Surely the Druggies are second?

Kardinia Park was an awful place packed full of farm boys and regional dickheads. I've been called Western Suburban scum by redheaded, bucktoothed, inbreds and abused more often there than any other ground. They used to get very lippy when they outnumbered us 10 to 1.

Then there was "Billy you are the king of Geelong" or whatever he said when Brownless sunk us that night and the other 12 finals to One record or whatever it is that they have over us and the fact that Chris Scott still hasn't lost a game to Bevo.

They are an awful club.

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ghosts of '97 and their self-entitled fans make me not a fan of crows although I do like some of their players. Liked Geelong in their hay day, especially Bartel. Just think they've had enough success. Essendon - got a friend that is don's member and kind of feel sorry for some of their fans and like Joey Daniher a lot - reminds me of an unruly but loveable puppy.
    '97 is gone for me after the premiership. I'm fine with it. And I had a really great time in Adelaide last time we played them apart from the actual bit when the game was being played.

Although. I would like to knock them over in a final just to scratch that itch...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross Lyon has always put strategic positioning above winning when going into finals and I have a gut feel the same is true at this moment with draft picks.

We desperately need Collingwood to knock off Melbourne on Saturday, which would mean a Fremantle win will not impact their ladder position and we may just see them turn up and have a red hot crack. Only a few short weeks ago this team should have knocked off GWS in Sydney.

It's not over yet. Stranger things have happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder what the quadie odds are for:

Dogs, Freo, Adelaide, Richmond

I wouldn't take them. But if Dogs can sneak over Hawthorn, Adelaide & Richmond should win too then it's just Essendon vs Freo as the main game. Freo looked shit today, but maybe that gets used by Ross Lyon to fire them up next week.
    I think if they weren't fired up last week after losing by 104 points the week before, then they sure as hell won't be fired up after losing by 104 points for a consecutive week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    I think if they weren't fired up last week after losing by 104 points the week before, then they sure as hell won't be fired up after losing by 104 points for a consecutive week.
    and they were playing at home, where you think they could have performed better.

It will take a miracle for Essendon to lose this week, or we could win by 100 points and Collingwood win by 100 points
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.