Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  97
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The official 2017 TandT Who to Root for Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We stay 7th but my god it's clogging up under us.
    It's good to be on 11 wins right now with an opportunity for 12 the way the year has gone.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Next week a couple will drop off:

Geelong v Richmond Simonds Stadium 2.10pm - opens up 4th

Essendon v Adelaide Etihad Stadium 7.25pm - could be an interesting game, Adelaide can help us here

Melbourne v St Kilda MCG 1.10pm - both on same points
    I want the current top 4 to keep on winning (except against us of course). Adelaide winning today for example will keep Port mired in the 5-8 pack, and it then puts our destiny in our own hands playing Port in a couple of weeks. The more teams as possible at the 10-11 win mark, the more spots in the bottom half of the 8 open up.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I want the current top 4 to keep on winning (except against us of course). Adelaide winning today for example will keep Port mired in the 5-8 pack, and it then puts our destiny in our own hands playing Port in a couple of weeks. The more teams as possible at the 10-11 win mark, the more spots in the bottom half of the 8 open up.
    Totally agree.

Looking like we will finish in 5th to 8th, would be nice to get a home final and set us up. Must win next three games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Barring a 2nd half resurrection Port well and truly soiling the bed versus the Crows.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Could be the biggest percentage drop ever at this rate.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong have Tigers, Collingwood and GWS. It is feasible they could lose all three and drop out of top 4. We win all three and could slip into top 4. Sydney have Adelaide in Adelaide.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Geelong have Tigers, Collingwood and GWS. It is feasible they could lose all three and drop out of top 4. We win all three and could slip into top 4. Sydney have Adelaide in Adelaide.
    Geelong would only need to lose 2 of the 3 for us to go past them winning all 3 of our games

If Adelaide beat Essendon and St Kilda beat Melbourne next week, we'll make the 8 even if we drop a game (assuming St Kilda don't catch our percentage or they drop a game)
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Good round for us. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Must beat GWS on Friday. 5 sleeps to go.....

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Destiny is clearly in our hands now. I think 2 out of 3 wins gets us in.
    I hope we can reproduce our absolute best next Friday and send a compelling message to the rest of the comp that we are coming.

11. Likes azabob, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Destiny is clearly in our hands now. I think 2 out of 3 wins gets us in.
    I hope we can reproduce our absolute best next Friday and send a compelling message to the rest of the comp that we are coming.
    Yep. Watch the media go from 'hungover dogs' to 'dangerous dogs' by 10.10pm Friday night if we can do it.

And JMac can get Josh Kelly's signature before or after the game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to say, that was one of the most enjoyable roots I've had in a long time.

I was over at my mum and dad's house. The whole family had a massive root together in the lounge.

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, ratsmac, Twodogs, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 21

WB v GWS
    Syd v Fre
    Geel v Rich
    Bris v GC
    Ess v Adel
    WCE v Carl
    Melb v StK
    Haw v NM
    Port v Coll

Adelaide & St Kilda the big & likely ones
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I've got to say, that was one of the most enjoyable roots I've had in a long time.

I was over at my mum and dad's house. The whole family had a massive root together in the lounge.
    The family that roots together, stays together.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes bornadog, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 2 is out of reach now. Most we can get is 56 points. Adelaide already have 58. GWS & Richmond have 52 and Geelong has 50. Geelong play both GWS & Richmond, and would need to win both to stop GWS & Richmond getting to 56 but would then be on 58 themselves

If we win our remaining 3 games, the highest we can finish is 3rd, and the lowest we can finish is 6th. We are currently 7th and play Port who we would go past if we beat them

To pass Sydney we need them to lose one of Freo (H), Adel (A), Carl (H) so their R22 game against Adelaide is key
    To pass Geelong we need them to lose two of Rich (H), Coll (A), GWS (H), their R21 and R23 games are key
    To pass Richmond we need them to lose all of Geel (A), Freo (A), StK (A)
    To pass GWS we need them to lose all of WB (A), WCE (H), Geel (A)

Only 3 of those things can happen as Geelong play GWS & Richmond. If 3 happen we finish 3rd, if 2 happen we finish 4th, if 1 happens we finish 5th, if none happen we finish 6th

If we win 2 of our remaining games we get to 52 points. Adelaide, GWS & Richmond already have 52 so the highest we could finish is 4th. As far down as St Kilda can get to 52 points by winning their remaining games, however St Kilda play Melbourne next week so at least one won't get to 52, so the lowest we could finish is 10th

To pass St Kilda we need them to lose one of Melb (A), NM (H), Rich (A) OR win them all but not make up ~63 points on our percentage
    To pass Melbourne we need them to lose one of StK (H), BL (H), Coll (A), R21 v StK is key
    To pass West Coast we need them to lose one of Carl (H), GWS (A), Adel (H), R22 v GWS is key
    To pass Essendon we need them to lose one of Adel (H), GC (A), Freo (H), R21 v Adel is key
    To pass Sydney we need them to lose two of Freo (H), Adel (A), Carl (H), would need an upset in R21 or R23
    To pass Port Adelaide we need them to lose two of Coll (H), WB (A), GC (H), would need an upset in R21 or R23
    To pass Geelong we need them to lose all of Rich (H), Coll (A), GWS (H)

At least 1 of those things must happen with St Kilda playing Melbourne. If all 7 happen we finish 4th, if 6 happen we finish 5th, if 5 happen we finish 6th, if 4 happen we finish 7th, if 3 happen we finish 8th, if 2 happen we finish 9th, if 1 happens we finish 10th

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Alright. Now Quantum Mechanics please.

21. Likes Eastdog, boydogs liked this post