Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  97
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The official 2017 TandT Who to Root for Thread

So odds are two gets us in there, with a few favourable results. So that's our get in and 'why not us again' option. But three wins and some favourable results gets us from 4 to a home final in the bottom 4. I hope the team goes with the win 7 in a row option going into finals and going for 10-11 wins.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Eastdog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers boydogs. That was a lot to take in
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Cheers boydogs. That was a lot to take in
    Thanks Boydogs. That was an epic analysis. Don't know how you did it mate. Would have given me a serious headache had I had enough brain power to even attempt it!
    I reckon I'd be up for working out what's what after round 22 though!
    I want to see a HUGE turnout on Friday night and a massive wall of noise. I want the atmosphere to be Prelim final-like.
    When they run out make our boos sound like a Wall of Malevolence. Make it a real deja vous experience for them right from the off.
    This is the biggest game of the year for us. Let's Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes Eastdog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Thanks Boydogs. That was an epic analysis. Don't know how you did it mate. Would have given me a serious headache had I had enough brain power to even attempt it!
    I reckon I'd be up for working out what's what after round 22 though!
    I want to see a HUGE turnout on Friday night and a massive wall of noise. I want the atmosphere to be Prelim final-like.
    When they run out make our boos sound like a Wall of Malevolence. Make it a real deja vous experience for them right from the off.
    This is the biggest game of the year for us. Let's Go Dogs!
    In the Carn the Dogs! Thread I mentioned this as well. A sea of red white and blue on Friday night.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the analysis Boydogs - whodathunk this is possible 3 or so weeks ago? What a crazy season. I am so excited. Gotta think 1 week at a time, hope the boys are too. Just saw some live Latin jazz which was sensational and diverted my mind for a few hours. Rest of week though I am going to very often think of Friday night. Go you good things. Beat those plastic orange thingys. Oh, and please wipe the smirk off Toby Greenthugs face and Libba, please make Shaw become frustrated so he does those crazy eyes again and so you can do your loco gesture. One of the funniest things I have ever seen in a game.

9. Likes Eastdog, boydogs, merantau, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My big takeaway is Adelaide could have a huge say in where we finish on the ladder.

Lets hope they do better than they did Round 23 last year.

11. Thanks Webby thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Top 2 is out of reach now. Most we can get is 56 points. Adelaide already have 58. GWS & Richmond have 52 and Geelong has 50. Geelong play both GWS & Richmond, and would need to win both to stop GWS & Richmond getting to 56 but would then be on 58 themselves

If we win our remaining 3 games, the highest we can finish is 3rd, and the lowest we can finish is 6th. We are currently 7th and play Port who we would go past if we beat them

To pass Sydney we need them to lose one of Freo (H), Adel (A), Carl (H) so their R22 game against Adelaide is key
    To pass Geelong we need them to lose two of Rich (H), Coll (A), GWS (H), their R21 and R23 games are key
    To pass Richmond we need them to lose all of Geel (A), Freo (A), StK (A)
    To pass GWS we need them to lose all of WB (A), WCE (H), Geel (A)

Only 3 of those things can happen as Geelong play GWS & Richmond. If 3 happen we finish 3rd, if 2 happen we finish 4th, if 1 happens we finish 5th, if none happen we finish 6th

If we win 2 of our remaining games we get to 52 points. Adelaide, GWS & Richmond already have 52 so the highest we could finish is 4th. As far down as St Kilda can get to 52 points by winning their remaining games, however St Kilda play Melbourne next week so at least one won't get to 52, so the lowest we could finish is 10th

To pass St Kilda we need them to lose one of Melb (A), NM (H), Rich (A) OR win them all but not make up ~63 points on our percentage
    To pass Melbourne we need them to lose one of StK (H), BL (H), Coll (A), R21 v StK is key
    To pass West Coast we need them to lose one of Carl (H), GWS (A), Adel (H), R22 v GWS is key
    To pass Essendon we need them to lose one of Adel (H), GC (A), Freo (H), R21 v Adel is key
    To pass Sydney we need them to lose two of Freo (H), Adel (A), Carl (H), would need an upset in R21 or R23
    To pass Port Adelaide we need them to lose two of Coll (H), WB (A), GC (H), would need an upset in R21 or R23
    To pass Geelong we need them to lose all of Rich (H), Coll (A), GWS (H)

At least 1 of those things must happen with St Kilda playing Melbourne. If all 7 happen we finish 4th, if 6 happen we finish 5th, if 5 happen we finish 6th, if 4 happen we finish 7th, if 3 happen we finish 8th, if 2 happen we finish 9th, if 1 happens we finish 10th

One of the best posts I've read on WOOF, well researched and written. Thanks.

That's my rooting arranged for the next few weekends. I love to root and not have to think about what the next root coming up is.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

13. Likes boydogs, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As of this morning Champion Data have us finishing 7th and Port Adelaide 6th.

I could live with that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I could live with that.
    Sorry BT and all, they are saying Swans to finish 6th. Not happy about that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I could live with that.
    Yep. But a quick start to silence the crowd would be in order.

Enter: Stringer, Wood, Adams, Dickson, Morris, Dunkley, JJ, Tom Boyd

Edit: Happy to get these guys in against Sydney. We can beat them with these guys.

Looks like 'if' we make finals, and finish 7th, the run on a couple of predictors could be:

Sydney, SCG - if won (WCE at WCE)
    Richmond/Geelong, MCG - if won (Hawks at MCG)
    Adelaide/GWS at AO or Spotless - if win (GWS at Spotless)
    Grand Final (Premiers)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 07-08-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Updated
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I could live with that.
    They did have Port winning their last 4 games at one stage. They have us losing to Port in Ballarat which would be very disappointing considering how Port play interstate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    They did have Port winning their last 4 games at one stage. They have us losing to Port in Ballarat which would be very disappointing considering how Port play interstate.
    Hoping Collingwood give them a hard game on Sunday twilight this weekend. The pies aren't a high tackling team - but they do make it a hard-running game when they play well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    But three wins and some favourable results gets us from 4 to a home final in the bottom 4. I hope the team goes with the win 7 in a row option going into finals and going for 10-11 wins.
    Yep, big incentive to win the rest of our games, as we either get top 4 or a home final. Guaranteed to finish higher this year with 14 wins than we did last year with 15 wins. For top 4, we need Adelaide to beat Sydney, and either Richmond & GWS to beat Geelong, or West Coast & Geelong to beat GWS

If Adelaide beat Sydney, Richmond beat Geelong and West Coast beat GWS, we're in regardless of the result of the Geelong v GWS game in round 23, and those two sides are playing for top 4. If either Richmond beat Geelong or West Coast beat GWS but not both, that game will decide whether we make top 4 or not
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The rooting has gotten very scientific all of a sudden!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The rooting has gotten very scientific all of a sudden!
    Fire up the bunsen burner and melt the plastics!
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff