Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  85
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd to take leave of absence

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Just hope he enjoys playing footy again. I think if he just has fun and enjoys playing football then his performances will take care of themselves and he will play good footy.
    Definitely. Next year and a proper pre-season should be the focus with Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Link

Boyd set for VFL return

Western Bulldogs big man Tom Boyd looks set to resume with Footscray this weekend after stepping away from the game temporarily while recieving treatment for clinical depression, according to coach Luke Beveridge.

Boyd has not play since the Club’s Round 13 match against the Demons at Etihad Stadium but has resumed full training with the group and could return to football against Essendon on Saturday afternoon Beveridge told reporters on Friday night.“It’s likely that he plays VFL footy next week,” he said following the Club’s loss to GWS on Friday night.

“He’s been back training in the full program the last couple of weeks so it’s likely that he’ll have a run with Footscray.”Asked if there’s a possibility he re-joins the senior team at any point this season, Beveridge said it was unlikely but he wouldn’t write him off.

“He’s missed a lot of footy… it’d be hard for him to slot in in the near future, his years’ virtually gone I would have thought at AFL level, but who knows?”

’Who knows how much we’ve got left. If it lasts for another month and a half he might be good for a sneaky chance but time will tell.”
    Boyd has averaged 11 disposals, two marks and 20 hitouts per contest over 11 games this season playing almost 70% in the ruck.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Definitely. Next year and a proper pre-season should be the focus with Boyd
    Often physical activity can help to aleviate the symptoms of depression and reinforces feelings of selfworth too. So training and playing could help a bit in his recovery.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Play him at FF where fitness won't be as much of an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news that Tom is working towards a return with Footscray. I hope he keeps on an upward trend.
    I have high hopes Tom is a real force for us next season but it's just great to hear he is making progress
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news. Wish I could be there to cheer him on but going to Ballarat to cheer us there. Hope a fair few doggies fans turn out to cheer him and vfl squad on.

Post Thanks / Like

3 goals in his first game back.

Good have you back Tommy
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news on a crappy day