Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    If we play like we did in the 1st half last night, we'll win 6 of the last 7 and maybe all 7.

    If we play like we did in the 2nd half last night, we'll win none of them.
    "You've got no fear of The Underdog, that's why you will not survive"
    - Spoon, 2007
    - Western Bulldogs, 2016

  2. Likes chef, Eastdog liked this post
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    19,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If we play like we did in the 1st half last night, we'll win 6 of the last 7 and maybe all 7.

    If we play like we did in the 2nd half last night, we'll win none of them.
    What about if in the next 7 we put in one good half, and then a bad half?
    Things are about to get pretty, pretty, pretty good.

  4. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What about if in the next 7 we put in one good half, and then a bad half?
    We'll be closer to the zero wins than the 7 wins.
    "You've got no fear of The Underdog, that's why you will not survive"
    - Spoon, 2007
    - Western Bulldogs, 2016

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    In the infamous words of Jim Mora, then head coach of the Indianapolis Colts....

    "Playoffs? Don't talk about—playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win another game!"
    That is one of my favourite press conferences of all time.

  6. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If we play like we did in the 1st half last night, we'll win 6 of the last 7 and maybe all 7.

    If we play like we did in the 2nd half last night, we'll win none of them.
    Yep that pretty much sums up the potential scarnarios.
    Western Bulldogs 2016 AFL Premiers
    Cede Nullis (Yield To None)

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Aretha Franklin . We need to get out R.E.S.P.E.C.T back

  8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
  9. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Aretha Franklin . We need to get out R.E.S.P.E.C.T back
    Got a bit back today which was good. We need to continue it on. Our draw looks ok. Big opportunities the next few weeks against the Suns, Bombers and Lions which all are winnable games. The Giants haven't impressed me at all this year and at home I give us very chance then Port in Ballarat and we finish with the Hawks at Etihad.
    Western Bulldogs 2016 AFL Premiers
    Cede Nullis (Yield To None)

  10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
  11. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    4,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Suns, Bombers and Lions which all are winnable games. The Giants haven't impressed me at all this year and at home I give us very chance then Port in Ballarat and we finish with the Hawks at Etihad.
    If we do beat GWS and Port I will be confident of not just making finals, but being a flag threat

    If we lose to both, we probably miss the 8
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

    Formerly gogriff

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawforn
    Posts
    7,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Got a bit back today which was good. We need to continue it on. Our draw looks ok. Big opportunities the next few weeks against the Suns, Bombers and Lions which all are winnable games. The Giants haven't impressed me at all this year and at home I give us very chance then Port in Ballarat and we finish with the Hawks at Etihad.
    Tough task master Easty. The Giants have had an absolute bastard of an injury run and sit third. They're deserving of the type of credit we lamented not getting last year when we were in the midst of ours.

  13. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Tough task master Easty. The Giants have had an absolute bastard of an injury run and sit third. They're deserving of the type of credit we lamented not getting last year when we were in the midst of ours.
    Maybe it's because it's the Giants but yeah if they got their stuff in order they certainly would be a threat. The prelim final yes was a bloody tough game for sure.
    Western Bulldogs 2016 AFL Premiers
    Cede Nullis (Yield To None)

  14. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    If we do beat GWS and Port I will be confident of not just making finals, but being a flag threat

    If we lose to both, we probably miss the 8
    Definitely tough games based on how we have travelled this year but it wouldn't surprise me if we won 1 of them. Hopefully we can get the next 3 but will just take it 1 week at a time and focus on the Suns this Saturday.
    Western Bulldogs 2016 AFL Premiers
    Cede Nullis (Yield To None)

  15. #27
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Depending on other results we could need 6 more wins to get in due to our poor %.

    5 wins and we still rely on other results going our way

    4 wins and its all over im afraid.

    So i basically see it as needing to win every game from here to make the 8. Not going to happen. That eagles loss was just diabolical and crucial given that it's probably their spot we will most likely take if we made the 8.

  16. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Depending on other results we could need 6 more wins to get in due to our poor %.

    5 wins and we still rely on other results going our way

    4 wins and its all over im afraid.

    So i basically see it as needing to win every game from here to make the 8. Not going to happen. That eagles loss was just diabolical and crucial given that it's probably their spot we will most likely take if we made the 8.
    If we get 5 wins and finish on 13 we make the finals.

    12 wins we miss out due to percentage which we essentially can't make up anymore.

    AFL site has a predictor to use.

    www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor

  17. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    32,273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    If we get 5 wins and finish on 13 we make the finals.

    12 wins we miss out due to percentage which we essentially can't make up anymore.

    AFL site has a predictor to use.

    www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor
    I have us finishing 7th
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 . AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998. UNDER 19S - 1954. Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924. VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970. Preseason Cup, 2010.

  18. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    If we get 5 wins and finish on 13 we make the finals.

    12 wins we miss out due to percentage which we essentially can't make up anymore.

    AFL site has a predictor to use.

    www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor
    Yep. And i had us 9th on % with 13 wins. We missed out on % to west coast. Of course, the ladder predictor is fraught with danger, especially this year. But there are a number of teams i have finishing with 13 wins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •