Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  34
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

I would just like to point out that he has shown true loyalty , a five year deal at the age of 24? Means he didn't want to go anywhere and appreciated the time and money spent on him and showing faith in him being a rookie.
    Remember Wood and him have been on the list a while before they came good. The club should be congratulated on seeing the talent and being patient to reap the rewards and both players recognise this too.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. JJ is a Bulldog for life. Let's get right behind him.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The JJ deal seemed to be precarious for as long time. A short time ago it was announced that Chris Grant was getting involved and voila a 5 year deal. What a champion Bulldog Chris Grant has been.

6. Likes chef, Twodogs, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Needs to come to the party again though, plenty of very good players out there would be happy to come for 650k a year over five years.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    The JJ deal seemed to be precarious for as long time. A short time ago it was announced that Chris Grant was getting involved and voila a 5 year deal. What a champion Bulldog Chris Grant has been.
    Chris is a true bulldog chanpion, we are lucky to have him. Praise be to Chooka Merrington and pick 105 at the 1989 ND.

I wonder if he is too old to pull on the jumper again? Chris, that is, not Chooka, although Chooka wasn't a bad fullback back in the days of Hudson*and McKenna and Wade. We could do with a player like Chris Grant a sort of combination of Marcus Adams with Bob Murphy's footskills and Easton Wood's leadership and courage, let's face it every team in the history of the game could have found a spot for Chris Grant.

*was it Gary Merrington who took on Peter Hudson and was running the ball out of defense one day at Whitten oval. He tried to take a bounce anbounced back over his head into he arms of the trailing Huddo who then turned around and kicked a goal?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Chris is a true bulldog chanpion, we are lucky to have him. Praise be to Chooka Merrington and pick 105 at the 1989 ND.

I wonder if he is too old to pull on the jumper again? Chris, that is, not Chooka, although Chooka wasn't a bad fullback back in the days of Hudson*and McKenna and Wade. We could do with a player like Chris Grant a sort of combination of Marcus Adams with Bob Murphy's footskills and Easton Wood's leadership and courage, let's face it every team in the history of the game could have found a spot for Chris Grant.

*was it Gary Merrington who took on Peter Hudson and was running the ball out of defense one day at Whitten oval. He tried to take a bounce anbounced back over his head into he arms of the trailing Huddo who then turned around and kicked a goal?
    That was Peter Welsh.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

11. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That was Peter Welsh.

Cheers BJ. It was bloody funny I remember that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Needs to come to the party again though, plenty of very good players out there would be happy to come for 650k a year over five years.
    Needed a 'pick me up' last night and threw on (again) the prelim against GWS. A great antidote but more than this a great reminder of how damaging and valuable to us JJ is when he has his mojo. Forgot how good some of his pin point passing can be.

Post Thanks / Like

LINK

Good article about JJ re-signing.
    WOOF Member 422