Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 17, 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I love Joe Daniher and think we should trade our entire team for him.
    Let's keep #DaBont, reality is we only need those 2 players.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Let's keep #DaBont, reality is we only need those 2 players.
    I'd like to keep our Bendigo boys as well. Jake, Tory and one other I can't think of off the top of my head-might be Campbell (Castlemaine is close enough)
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This is my go to page for quick live updates, been using it for a couple of years. There's some parts of the ladder it seems reliable on, but on other parts it's been a fair bit off this year. Last time I looked that had us 9th and Essendon 10th. I think that might swap around and net us Pick 8.
    10th = pick 9. 18=1, 17=2, 16=3, 15=4, 14=5, 13=6, 12=7, 11=8, 10=9
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Dangerfield on one leg and playing in the goal square from midway through the first quarter still looks a good chance of getting the 3 votes.
    His courage and determination is off the scale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Dangerfield on one leg and playing in the goal square from midway through the first quarter still looks a good chance of getting the 3 votes.
    His courage and determination is off the scale.
    Ended up with 5 goals 6.

Hawks should have won that with a chance in the last 18 seconds. Smith 45metres out played on and missed and siren went.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

May has done his hamstring for Suns looks like he will miss a few weeks .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    May has done his hamstring for Suns looks like he will miss a few weeks .
    Massive, massive out for them. We need all the help we can get. He is an absolute star and massive for that backline mentally.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching with very little interest in the match (cats v Hawks) it is evident how rubbish HTB has become. So rarely paid. Players can drop the ball with impunity, be swung around for an hour or so. There was a laughable non decision where Selwood was tackled, swung around, finally dispossessed ( no free, it eventually just fell free) and then seen whinging as he alone of everyone at the G believed he'd been tackled high.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think I've ever seen a team use up so many lives in the one season as Geelong have used this year - I've counted 5 games this season they should have lost but managed to arse their way to a win or draw. Makes me sick actually thinking of the possibility of Selwood and Chris Scott holding up the premiership cup.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Watching with very little interest in the match (cats v Hawks) it is evident how rubbish HTB has become. So rarely paid. Players can drop the ball with impunity, be swung around for an hour or so. There was a laughable non decision where Selwood was tackled, swung around, finally dispossessed ( no free, it eventually just fell free) and then seen whinging as he alone of everyone at the G believed he'd been tackled high.
    HTB is a farce at the moment but it's funny how it becomes even more farcical when Selwood gets involved. It goes from the sublime to the ridiculous with the umpires and the reasons they invent not to penalise Joel Selwood.

"Holding the ball"
    "no it wasn't"
    "why? It was a textbook example of an infringement of the rule. He ran 5 metres with the ball, then he was tackled, spun in a full 360 four times and then threw the ball 30 metres away."
    "Ummmm, the Selwood provision? Nobody called Joel Selwood ever gets pinged for HTB when the day of the week has a 'Y' in it"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good game on in Darwin.

That Jayden Hunt torp on the 3qt siren was joyful to watch. Struck it beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like

Have to admire Sydney's turnaround this year. As much as I don't really want to.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Have to admire Sydney's turnaround this year. As much as I don't really want to.
    GWS last 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    GWS last 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses
    They've gone from having the minor premiership on a platter to being back in the peloton within a month

This season is unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    They've gone from having the minor premiership on a platter to being back in the peloton within a month

This season is unbelievable.
    Which makes it all the more galling/heartbreaking we've decided to shit the bed thus far. There's another flag for the taking for whoever gets their act together at the right time of year.

Sound like anyone we know?
    BORDERLINE FLYING