Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 144

Thread: Bad News

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Great work G. We owe you a lot mate.
    This x100

    Also thanks for the explanation G!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rosebud
    Posts
    6,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    This x100

    Also thanks for the explanation G!
    This by 1,000. Thanks Gazza

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    2 more issues found.

    I don't think signatures can be changed and the reported post feature doesn't appear to be working.

    Hopefully we can get these looked at soon.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    2 more issues found.

    I don't think signatures can be changed and the reported post feature doesn't appear to be working.

    Hopefully we can get these looked at soon.
    Thank Christ Desipura went the way of the Dodo. He would have run riot.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    There shoukd be done on the site this weekend to try and fix the issues we have found. Im not expecting interruptions unless there is a real problem.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Surf Coast
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Thanks for all your hard work G.
    One small thing Ive noticed is the "New Posts" does not go down when a thread has been read.
    “In 2020, we will believe that we are closer than we may be, but we will prepare like we’re further away than ever.” - senior coach Luke Beveridge.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work G.
    One small thing Ive noticed is the "New Posts" does not go down when a thread has been read.
    I think that's been happening with me now that you mention it. Mine has been on 12 or 13 quite often since earlier in the week. Although it was 258 when I got home today.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work G.
    One small thing Ive noticed is the "New Posts" does not go down when a thread has been read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think that's been happening with me now that you mention it. Mine has been on 12 or 13 quite often since earlier in the week. Although it was 258 when I got home today.
    GVG's already on to it

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    the new post count numbers on the homepage doesn't work even after I have read threads and posts. ie if I log on and have 50 new messages after I have read 20 it's still shows as 50 unread
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

    Formerly gogriff

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    GVG's already on to it
    It's ficksed!
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work G.
    One small thing Ive noticed is the "New Posts" does not go down when a thread has been read.
    Thanks, I listed that a few posts back, there are about 6 issues I hope we can get addressed. That one frustrates me the most.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Hi Guy's, just letting you know that signatures can now be updated.

    With the new posts on the home page, I cant remember how it used to work, but from my initial research it seems like it's only supposed to update on each login, to show new posts since the last time a user logged in. (edit: I could be wrong about this)
    (edit 2: upon further investigation it seems that this is the intended behaviour: The new post count doesn't automatically decrease as you read them, only if you mark all as read or log out and in again. see: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=au)

    A note on the SSL. If you try and visit a url of the site without the https:// it will automatically redirect you to the secure site, so you don't have to worry about that. Another good practice is when embedding images from external image hosting sites (eg. tinypic, imgur, imageshack), always use https:// for the image URL where the image hosting site support it.

    I'm working on the other issues also.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    With the post count, it would reduce down after every post that you read ie it wasn't just reset with a new login.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawforn
    Posts
    9,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Hi Guy's, just letting you know that signatures can now be updated.

    With the new posts on the home page, I cant remember how it used to work, but from my initial research it seems like it's only supposed to update on each login, to show new posts since the last time a user logged in. (edit: I could be wrong about this)
    (edit 2: upon further investigation it seems that this is the intended behaviour: The new post count doesn't automatically decrease as you read them, only if you mark all as read or log out and in again. see: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=au)

    A note on the SSL. If you try and visit a url of the site without the https:// it will automatically redirect you to the secure site, so you don't have to worry about that. Another good practice is when embedding images from external image hosting sites (eg. tinypic, imgur, imageshack), always use https:// for the image URL where the image hosting site support it.

    I'm working on the other issues also.
    Today happens to be the first time in a long time I've wanted to change my signature! Excellent work, given it wasn't working seven hours ago. Much appreciated.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EJ Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Great stuff southerncross.

    When should the like and thank options be up and running again?
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    With the post count, it would reduce down after every post that you read ie it wasn't just reset with a new login.
    Ahh Thanks G, I will dig deeper into this and report back.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •