Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Equation

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Equation

I just looked at Geelongs draw they could easily lose all 4 , we could end up ahead of them as well.
    What a hectic last 4 rounds, the AFL would be in awe of the crowds they will get at games the last few rounds.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

If we storm into the finals on a 7 game win streak, I will feel a tad silly essentially writing the year off about a month and half ago.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We just have to worry about this week first.....our sustained mediocrity this season has left us with no room for error, and our record at the Gabba is poor - haven't won since 2009.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

What a season!!

1 week at time but we potentially can win all 4. I feel we have picked up a little bit of form lately as well.

Lions (G)- W hopefully % booster but need to be weary a little bit of a danger game

Giants (ES) 50/50 but more inclined to say that we can get the win they haven't been special this year GWS.

Port (Ballarat) - W hopefully

Hawks (ES) hopefully a W but will depend whether or they are in the running to make finals or not so hard to say at this stage.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks need 4 teams to drop 2 games and another 2 to drop 1 while they win all 4. They have essentially no chance of making the finals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Hawks need 4 teams to drop 2 games and another 2 to drop 1 while they win all 4. They have essentially no chance of making the finals
    Good
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Brisbane didn't fire a shot in Perth. Should be a percentage booster

The remaining sides will be a challenge. Hopefully Hawthorn's run comes to an end before the final round and they shut up shop, but the Port & GWS games will be red hot. Hoping our home ground advantage helps us beat at least one
    They didn't take a side to Perth capable of winning. They 'managed' Hipwood, Berry and McLuggage. McStay missed with a shoulder and Zorko was suspended. Would expect them to be far more competitive this week with all 5 coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    They didn't take a side to Perth capable of winning. They 'managed' Hipwood, Berry and McLuggage. McStay missed with a shoulder and Zorko was suspended. Would expect them to be far more competitive this week with all 5 coming back.
    Yep, they are a different kettle of fish at home and selected a very weak side accordingly yesterday. They will be difficult to beat next week and we'll need to be 100% on.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane is a danger game, they only went to Perth for frequent flyer points "The Lions will welcome back star midfielder Dayne Zorko from a one-week suspension after he was banned for striking Carlton midfielder Sam Petrevski-Seton in Round 18.*!Exciting key forward Eric Hipwood is also in line for a recall, alongside promising first-year pair Hugh McCluggage and Jarrod Berry, while key defender Dan McStay has recovered from a minor shoulder injury.*!

All 4 are winnable if we maintain yesterday's intensity. Any team that drops away gets rolled these days.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to get excited have a look at Adelaide's premiership defence in 1998. Most of the season they were stumbling and bumbling along at barely 50% W/L ratio but hit some form late to get to the finals with a 13-9 record. And then proceeded to win the flag from 5th spot
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes boydogs, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Brisbane is a danger game, they only went to Perth for frequent flyer points "The Lions will welcome back star midfielder Dayne Zorko from a one-week suspension after he was banned for striking Carlton midfielder Sam Petrevski-Seton in Round 18.*!Exciting key forward Eric Hipwood is also in line for a recall, alongside promising first-year pair Hugh McCluggage and Jarrod Berry, while key defender Dan McStay has recovered from a minor shoulder injury.*!

All 4 are winnable if we maintain yesterday's intensity. Any team that drops away gets rolled these days.
    Fagan said they have targeted their remaining home games to knock off a few scalps, so they have managed they players accordingly.

Expect a real fight on our hands.

Post Thanks / Like

The West Coast loss is the glaring one that may eventually cost us.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Go the saints this week.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Even if all else goes well for the remainder of the H&A season, that loss might cost us Top 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Even if all else goes well for the remainder of the H&A season, that loss might cost us Top 4.
    Twice we lost by 8 and 7 points.

That last time, the umpires killed us with two stupid free kicks - The Bont for a dangerous tackle, rubbish. The next kick they got another free for holding the man in the contest, again rubbish.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.