Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matthew Boyd - Announces Retirement

Fantastic career and hope he goes out a double premiership player.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A Bulldog champ! Thanks Matthew Boyd for all you have done for our club. We will miss you. As nearly every poster has said a great career with the top achievement our premiership last year. Would be cool to see him involved somewhere at the club in the future.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Who can forget this great match winning goal:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A typical crunching tackle:

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a legend of our Footy club. Glad he gets to go out on his terms.Hard to see him not remaining part of the club in some capacity

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    He already is. One of four players to win both day and night premierships in our club's history. But yes, I get what you mean.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who can forget this great match winning goal:

One of, if not, my favourite goals. It was awesome in the stand cheering him on like Makybi Diva with two hundred to go, and then everyone losing our shit when he got it. Good times. Thanks Matthew.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute champion. An inspirational player that many have looked up to. Will miss watching him play but has provided many memories. Thank you Keith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Matty Boyd is also the Grand Nephew of the "Peanut Man" who used to walk around the Western Oval selling peanuts for 20c a bag
    Obviously you are still a mere child Bullies, when I was young the cry was "Peanuts, shilling a bag, Peanuts", the same price as the Footy Record then.

And I must have a thing for half backs. My favourite footballers over the years have been EJ, John Jillard, Dale Morris, Matthew Boyd and Daniel Cross. How lucky was I to have Matthew, Crossy and Dale in the same team?

Thanks Matthew for all your good years, and great performances, and wishing you all the best for a great future. My fingers are now crossed to see you go out as a dual Premiership player.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quality guy to have at the club and I think it's more than fair to say he got the most out of abilities. He should be extremely proud of what he has achieved. You have to respect the way he has conducted himself.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He's right up there in my book behind Westy. You can have your flash goal kickers and spekky takers. They're the icing. But give me a player who can get the ball out in heavy traffic, creates the passage to the goals and runs up and down the ground for 120 minutes; they're the cake.

Let's send him out on a high.

Boyddddyyyyyyyyyy!

15. Likes GVGjr, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on such a great career Keithy. He is a true professional the way he went about forging a career from football. He got the most out of himself and set the benchmark for others to follow. He took the captaincy through a very tough period and lead from the front. His leadership on the field last year as well can't be underestimated. Finishing up with 3 b&f's, 3 AA's and most importantly a premiership player just goes to show how blessed we were to call him a Bulldogs player. He can hold his head very very high with everything he has given to our great club and he leaves it in pretty good shape too.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    He is not an honorary life member, he is a life member.

The prerequisite for AFL Life Memberships is 300 games, which as you said, includes pre season and international games.

There are plenty of AFL Life Members who didn't play 300 H&A and Finals games.

It is a handy thing to have. 2 free tickets to every AFL game, including finals, for life. They also get invited to official AFL lunches at games a couple of times a year.
    The Honorary bit is a title. It means his life membership has been "conferred as an honour" and earned as opposed to a normal member who has to renew their membership and pay the membership fee. Libba is another life member who didn't get to 300 club games but played 300 AFL sanctioned games with Victorian and Pre Season games and IR games incl included.

Two tickets to the Grand Final every year would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Wouldn't that be a result!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Some highlights

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Matthew for your wonderful contribution. The photo with you and Dahlhaus holding and looking at the cup is one of my faves. Hope you enjoy the next chapter in your life too and suspect you have more to give to the footy community. Rather selfishly I hope you can help guide 'Scray to vfl premiership glory if you are not able to break into afl side again.