Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 23, 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Incredible timing.
    They've had a great run all year with injury . No coincidence when you get your best players on the park and firing you can go places .

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong v Tigers should be played at the MCG, not at the craap ground in sleepy hollow
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Meme doing the rounds on social media of the Bugg Watts pic they used to stir JJ with... new wording ' Are you ready...for Mad Monday'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Nice Meme doing the rounds on social media of the Bugg Watts pic they used to stir JJ with... new wording ' Are you ready...for Mad Monday'.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Wonderful recovery from disaster from Richmond .
    Didn't blow the place up, and traded well . Melbourne got what they deserved after yesterday's soft effort .
    Bit of karma for Watts and Bugg as well . Stkilda have been terribly disappointing after just missing out last year
    Going to be an unpredictable finals series, and feel annoyed we're not participating.
    They've just missed out enough for now. So it's about time they go out in straight sets just to change it up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    They've just missed out enough for now. So it's about time they go out in straight sets just to change it up a bit.
    That'd be nice.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne just performed the most epic bed ***ting of all time.

The Paul Roos magic has really rubbed off on the culture there.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The tanking culture at Melbourne is so ingrained that they go and lose in the last round as a matter of habit even when they aren't supposed to.

At least they can comfort themselves with having an earlier draft pick.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

My happiness at seeing Melbourne miss out is dampened alittle as the Cokers got in.
    But I have a long memory. Hello Robbie Flower. Hello Jeff White.
    MFC - oh how you flatter - only to DEE-ceive. Must be very DEE-flating. Soul DEE-stroying even.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    My happiness at seeing Melbourne miss out is dampened alittle as the Cokers got in.
    But I have a long memory. Hello Robbie Flower. Hello Jeff White.
    MFC - oh how you flatter - only to DEE-ceive. Must be very DEE-flating. Soul DEE-stroying even.
    Not a fan Merantau, White a =I can understand but why Flower ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Flower kicked a late time on goal at the Western Oval to sink us in the last round way back when and the Dees snuck into the five courtesy of I think Geelong losing. Someone will know. All I know is that we lead for practically the whole game and had a finals spot ripped from our grasp at the death.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Flower kicked a late time on goal at the Western Oval to sink us in the last round way back when and the Dees snuck into the five courtesy of I think Geelong losing. Someone will know. All I know is that we lead for practically the whole game and had a finals spot ripped from our grasp at the death.
    1987 round 22. They won by 8 points and leptfrogged us into the five. As disappointed as I was at missing a spot I don't remember being that upset about it being Melbourne. We gave it our best shot, they gave it their best shot and theirs was better. No point getting upset about that, that's just how footy turns out sometimes.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    1987 round 22. They won by 8 points and leptfrogged us into the five. As disappointed as I was at missing a spot I don't remember being that upset about it being Melbourne. We gave it our best shot, they gave it their best shot and theirs was better. No point getting upset about that, that's just how footy turns out sometimes.
    I'm with merantau on this one - I hated Melbourne with a passion when they beat us and I laughed at them when they lost the PF after the siren. But it was Ricky Jackson's late goal that pissed me off more than Robbie Flower's. And of course when we picked him up a couple of years later he gave us donuts.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I hated them more after that ludicrous free kick paid against Wayde Skipper. We were barnstorming home that year and could have done some damage. If Skipper had been a high profile player I doubt the free would have been paid. That was my feeling at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was in yr 9 at St Brendan's boarding school in Yeppoon Qld and had managed to convince my rugby league indoctrinated classmates to keep changing the channel all arvo to Ch 7 to keep eyes on the score..my negative feelings toward Melbourne may have something to do with the sound of 20 odd yr 9 rugby league following knob heads laughing their asses off when Flower kicked that goal...as i stood there screaming No!!No!!!No!! as the play unfolded.