Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  59
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 21, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V GWS Giants

He knew what he was doing. Protecting the space? Give me a break! Bloke about to receive the ball and knows a tackle is coming from behind so he throws his foot back or to the side to 'protect the space'! Would we be happy to see that become part of the game?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, so it seems according to the rules there is no provision for protecting your space through kicking someone's face.

If you have the Footy Live app there's an article titled The Rant: Toby Greene, (and Ch 7) you've done it again that explains why.

Here's a link:

https://sportingchancemag.com/the-ra...in-599a9681cc8
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Thanks Twodogs, Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, anfo27, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the video and yep that was deliberate 100%.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard PHIL Davis's "eyes for the ball" defence from SEN this morning. So using Phil's logic if I see him walking down the street and I kick him in the face as long as I'm looking in the opposite direction then he won't have a problem with it?

PHIL and Leon Cameron and their mates should think long and hard before automatically leaping to the indefensible actions of Toby Greene. Do they really want to sink to his level. It's going to get bad enough just being the captain of the club that Greene plays at (where's the leadership?) without giving him preposterous defence of his actions.

And Cameron Ling is falling over himself to get him off. He makes it sound like Dal head butted Greene in the boot.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The action was punished with a free kick, so, it is immediately outside of the rules. If it was an intentional fist it would be weeks. Given it was an intentional kick it should be more severe.

There's a reason why the jungle drums for leniency are beating so hard. They know Greene should be severely punished.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The action was punished with a free kick, so, it is immediately outside of the rules. If it was an intentional fist it would be weeks. Given it was an intentional kick it should be more severe.

There's a reason why the jungle drums for leniency are beating so hard. They know Greene should be severely punished.
    Exactly. And this beer being poured on Greene is a bullshit distraction. The beer isn't poured it's in a cup tgat falls bottom first along the wall of the race nowhere near Greene. It's been dropped accidently pure and simple. Now, enough distractions let's get back to the real issue at hand. Toby Greene is a thug and what GWS are going to do about it they realise that trying to excuse his actions isn't going to wash with most right thinking people.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

If you can lose a ruck contest to a free kick for using a straight arm to the body to protect the space then a studs up boot that collects an opposition player in the face who was closing in at a fair pace face has to result in a couple of weeks.
    How many other codes of football would diminish the use of boot studs in any sort of contest?

For what it's worth I don't think Greene tried to do what he did but it was at the very least it was clumsy, full force and a high contact.
    Dahlhaus left the field for the blood rule and went straight into the change room for treatment.

Head high contact, using a studded boot that resulted in a bloody player leaving the field of play for treatment has to result in weeks.
    I can't see how GWS, the player or the media talk themselves out of the fact it deserves weeks.

They can't say he was protecting himself as a defense because it resulted in a bloodied player who had to leave the ground for treatment. As clear cut as it gets from my point of view
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He "protected" himself by putting his boot into Dalhaus' face, pure and simple. He is just a thug who warrants no respect at all for his ability. He must get weeks. If he didn't play football he would regularly be fronting a Magistrate. It does Cameron and Ling no credit whatever to try and justify it. Ling is on a par with Dwayne as a media commentator and that is somewhere subterranean. This adds to the Whitfield saga of deceit last year and demonstrates just how low the fake plastic's ethics are.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time we plays this horrible club I hate them more and more Greene and Patton are the main two I can't stand but Whitfeld is right up there a couple of times getting right in the face of our young defenders .

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that our fan that tipped the beer over Greene gets a long ban from attending AFL games. Weak act

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope that our fan that tipped the beer over Greene gets a long ban from attending AFL games. Weak act
    Apparently that never happened

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthr...942#post567942

Greene will get 4 weeks IMO
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

Greene will get 3 down to 2 if it goes through the process

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

Shouldn't be condoned, but the way it was reported, the beer was all over Greene's head.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Shouldn't be condoned, but the way it was reported, the beer was all over Greene's head.

So true the media sure like to twist things.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It was weak, it should of been coffee!