Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned-round 21 v GWS

Tell us, what are three things you've learned today. Remember you already knew that you hated the plastics with a passion before the game. You may hate them more than you thought but you already hated them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned-round 21 v GWS

1. We are statistically the worst team in the Comp for goal kicking. Wondering if Lever & Kelly will help one bit or tie up our cap.
    2. We need to trade some out if the offers are ok, The names can come in conversation threads in due time.
    3. We gave up. I didn't think that was something this group did. Hopefully this is rock bottom with season over.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. We are statistically the worst team in the Comp for goal kicking. Wondering if Lever & Kelly will help one bit or tie up our cap.
    2. We need to trade some out if the offers are ok, The names can come in conversation threads in due time.
    3. We gave up. I didn't think that was something this group did. Hopefully this is rock bottom with season over.
    As a group there is no way we simply gave up....however there are some individuals whose effort was poor in the second half.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    As a group there is no way we simply gave up....however there are some individuals whose effort was poor in the second half.
    It's a matter of perception. What I saw was us as a team giving up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. I wasnt confident we'd win, but i didn't think we'd roll over. That hurts.
    2. If we're not able to be maniacal at the contest then just what e actly is our tactical plan based around? Its sure as shit not our forward play
    3. At what point does Bont get demoralised being the only gamebreaker?

Post Thanks / Like

1. We played against the 2017 premiers tonight. Just outclassed. They still have Jeremy Cameron and Mummy to come back in at a minimum. Get on.
    2. We can't carry Libba again in the side this season unless he is hard tagging someone. Will need a big off-season (in a good way).
    3. We had 1 of last years 7 premiership defenders playing. And it showed.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont needs support and fast, otherwise we're gonna burn him out.
    2. Williams is best 22 even with our full squad in.
    3. We are painfully slow without JJ - we need to fix this.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Little point when you lose JJ Wood and Morris from your defence to play Murphy on a wing and leave Fletcher Roberts lamenting in the VFL.
    2. We had 30 more forward 50 advances than GWS with such a poor return of 7 goals.
    3. Libba Wallis and Picken had 7 kicks between them which simply isn't good enough.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    1. We played against the 2017 premiers tonight. Just outclassed. They still have Jeremy Cameron and Mummy to come back in at a minimum. Get on.
    2. We can't carry Libba again in the side this season unless he is hard tagging someone. Will need a big off-season (in a good way).
    3. We had 1 of last years 7 premiership defenders playing. And it showed.
    At the stoppages, Libba was trying to stop Shield and when he wasn't there, Hopper. Many times he had his eyes on the man and back to the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Toby Greene has lost his right to claim innocence from his latest crude act of putting his foot up, and into the face of his opponent (Dahl) in the act of marking the ball.

Whilst others without such a chequered history of head high hits might be afforded a benefit of doubt he has become such a rescidivist in hitting an opponent in the head that a rough conduct charge on him is reasonable in the circumstance, to push the case that he cannot continue to act so carelessly and crudely.

Of the 44 players out there this evening it wouldn't at all be difficult to guess which one of them was most likely to take an opponent out with a crude act to the head.

I give you Toby Greene, a wonderful player, but loose cannon and health risk to those around him.

His actions have gone beyond being justified in isolation. He needs help, but more importantly his collateral damage require protection from HQ.
    Last edited by Doc26; 12-08-2017 at 02:14 AM.

12. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We have to win our next two games
    2. We know how to shoot ourselves in the foot.
    3. We had too many passengers in the second half.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

1. Libba is a shadow of himself. I'm not sure what his off field attitude or state of mind is but on field he is becoming a non factor.
    2. Wallis needs a rest. He looks slow, really slow. He can't get to enough contests with any energy. Fumbling is not normally his go but it is now. Zero possessions after half time.
    3. Lewis Young wanted a the ground to open up and swallow him whole. As far as defending goes handing the opposition 3 gift goals is not great. I feel really sorry for him because we don't have the type of support available he really needs around him on field right now. He has been thrown in the deep end in big time. I loved how he was the first to fly the flag when that dirty little *!*!*!*! kicked Dahl in the face though. Lewis will be a quality player for us for many years I have no doubt. Last night there were moments that wasn't his greatest.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    3. Lewis Young wanted a the ground to open up and swallow him whole. As far as defending goes handing the opposition 3 gift goals is not great. I feel really sorry for him because we don't have the type of support available he really needs around him on field right now. He has been thrown in the deep end in big time. I loved how he was the first to fly the flag when that dirty little *!*!*!*! kicked Dahl in the face though. Lewis will be a quality player for us for many years I have no doubt. Last night there were moments that wasn't his greatest.
    He's an interesting one is Lewis Young. Good hands, reads the ball well when playing in front, and a lovely kick on both feet. His weaknesses at the moment are hitting targets by hand, decision making with his kicking and his inability to impact marking contests from behind.

Obviously some of this will be addressed with more game time and some serious time in the gym. Last nights performance was always going to come when he played against quality opposition but no-one predicted his rapid improvement in his first season. Last night we erred in not playing Roberts. When Young's game was going pear shaped we had no option but to show faith in the young bloke.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I know I'm banging on about it , but it's totally unacceptable how he's become a hack tagger.
    Wanna pull his finger out
    2. The goal kicking is just park standard , and the forward line looks like a disorganised rabble
    3. Hopefully the club is aggressive in the trade period, as we have glaring issues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    1. Little point when you lose JJ Wood and Morris from your defence to play Murphy on a wing and leave Fletcher Roberts lamenting in the VFL.
    2. We had 30 more forward 50 advances than GWS with such a poor return of 7 goals.
    3. Libba Wallis and Picken had 7 kicks between them which simply isn't good enough.
    Gotta agree, can't work out why Roberts wasn't played. Lewis Young's looked like he needed a spell last week .
    It's not as if Fletcher has stunk it up at the lower level either.