Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned-round 21 v GWS

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Never had clean hands either.

Enormous respect to him for getting back after his horrific injury, but he isn't best 22.
    I disagree regarding his hands in close, I think they're excellent.

Wallis has had a big workload this year since returning. He'll be better after another preseason.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I disagree regarding his hands in close, I think they're excellent.

Wallis has had a big workload this year since returning. He'll be better after another preseason.
    Fumbles more than any of our other mids IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Adelaide play a very different style to us so I don't really think its comparable. The 65 inside 50s don't mean much when so many of them are repeat entries with 30 players inside 50.

I think GWS are really building at the moment - they're finally starting to get their best team together, and once Cameron and Mumford are back - it is probably Johnson and Simpson (arguably their bottom 2 from Friday night) who miss.

Adelaide have been the best side for the season, but there is still a question mark over them in finals against the best.
    Whereas the Giants belted Sydney and played very well vs us in the prelim.
    I don't reckon Leon Cameron and the GWS MC has the stones to drop Stevie J for the finals, and they are clearly going to give Deledio game time in the seniors. That leaves two players out of 22 providing negligible output in finals - that won't cut it in a PF against an Adelaide or Sydney. It didn't cut it in last year's PF.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I don't reckon Leon Cameron and the GWS MC has the stones to drop Stevie J for the finals, and they are clearly going to give Deledio game time in the seniors. That leaves two players out of 22 providing negligible output in finals - that won't cut it in a PF against an Adelaide or Sydney. It didn't cut it in last year's PF.
    The Stevie J case will be interesting.

Deledio will be valuable for them in the finals. He's now had two games back from a long spell - I'd expect he will be in good nick for finals - and we know he is an excellent player when fit. If he stays fit - Deledio could be a real wildcard for them as a small forward with his experience, and kicking & speed attributes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've learnt that you can kick someone in the face and expect to only receive a fine.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I've learnt that you can kick someone in the face and expect to only receive a fine.
    or you can push someone in the chest and get three weeks when they dive on the ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The Stevie J case will be interesting.

Deledio will be valuable for them in the finals. He's now had two games back from a long spell - I'd expect he will be in good nick for finals - and we know he is an excellent player when fit. If he stays fit - Deledio could be a real wildcard for them as a small forward with his experience, and kicking & speed attributes.
    A bit like us bringing Clay Smith in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    or you can push someone in the chest and get three weeks when they dive on the ground.
    But I always knew that was going to happen.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite