Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm prepared to offer up my left nut...

For a goal kicking coach, forward coach or skills coach who can get us kicking easy goals.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm prepared to offer up my left nut...

Believe it or not its pretty simple to fix. Give me a player for 10 minutes and I will improve his kicking. If I can't do it then I will shut up forever about it but the frustrating thing is its really easy to fix.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW I really don't want either of your testicles. I can di the job for free.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    BTW I really don't want either of your testicles. I can di the job for free.
    Sell it to Lance Armstrong and get Sav Rocca or similar to join you on staff.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We dont need sav *!*!*!*!ing rocca. We are overcomplicating it already

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to know how much train inning we do. Is it a once a week thing, or every day/session.

Post Thanks / Like

It's clearly our biggest deficiency. No other team has to work harder than us to score from our good work upfield.

Heresy I dare say, but is Stringer untouchable? Is Libba making himself an asset. Is Wally best 22?
    How much can we reasonably expect of Bont without more middield class around him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It's clearly our biggest deficiency. No other team has to work harder than us to score from our good work upfield.

Heresy I dare say, but is Stringer untouchable? Is Libba making himself an asset. Is Wally best 22?
    How much can we reasonably expect of Bont without more middield class around him?
    If AFL/GCS said they need a marque player to remain viable and wanted Stringer, I'd listen.

We've a glut of slow/mid paced mids. We should listen to any offers.

I'd hate to see us treat Bonts like Pavlich and shove him in every hole hoping the list around him would win a flag (it nearly did). But I take your point, we need class and speed badly. To get good talent, you usually have to give good talent other than FA.

Post Thanks / Like

Really missed JJ tonight whether he played forward or back, particularly his ability to carry and deliver the ball before opposition defences can get organised. Without him we are too predictable and find it difficult to get separation.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember commenting on this very issue here on WOOF in our 08-10 PF run... And it's still bloody there.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If AFL/GCS said they need a marque player to remain viable and wanted Stringer, I'd listen.

We've a glut of slow/mid paced mids. We should listen to any offers.

I'd hate to see us treat Bonts like Pavlich and shove him in every hole hoping the list around him would win a flag (it nearly did). But I take your point, we need class and speed badly. To get good talent, you usually have to give good talent other than FA.
    I get the criticism of Stringer but in a team that has a lot of workmanlike players, I wouldn't like to discard someone who can do the mercurial. Reckon we need to trust that he will develop into the player we hope he will be.

13. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I get the criticism of Stringer but in a team that has a lot of workmanlike players, I wouldn't like to discard someone who can do the mercurial. Reckon we need to trust that he will develop into the player we hope he will be.
    I'm just saying listen. To remain viable they will need a big name, a popular face, dazzling on field. If they settled on Stringer and wanted to overpay to keep their franchise on life support, I'd listen.

15. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We go either two ways from here; we back our plan and assume Stringer, Dickson, Wallis and perhaps most importantly Libba have it in them to put in the mother of all off-seasons that enables us to regain our current game plan's preeminence or we trade to forge a new identity. I truly don't know

Post Thanks / Like

This list needs tweaking....not an irrational overhaul. Getting a decent run with injuries wouldn't hurt either. Some blokes need to get in the gym (Young, Cordy, Williams, English) and some need to be banned from the gym (Adams, Collins).

18. Likes merantau, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    This list needs tweaking....not an irrational overhaul. Getting a decent run with injuries wouldn't hurt either. Some blokes need to get in the gym (Young, Cordy, Williams, English) and some need to be banned from the gym (Adams, Collins).
    That's the way I see it. There is still plenty to get excited about but some hard assessments and decisions need to be made
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"